Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Man Claims £2000 Back From BG For Wasting His Time

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-10893513

It makes the £40 I claimed back look so small.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 8 Aug, 00:03, "ARWadsworth" wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-10893513

It makes the £40 I claimed back look so small.

mere dust ;)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-10784908

Jim K
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 8 Aug 2010 00:03:47 +0100, ARWadsworth wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-10893513

It makes the £40 I claimed back look so small.

Not if that was a true reflection of your costs.
About 15 years ago I got £100 back from a bank where I was
trying to open a business account. On two occasions they
lost the initial deposit cheque (of £5k+). Obviously after
that there was no possibility at all that I'd trust them
with my money :-) But a letter to their MD explaining
what they'd done and that it had taken me 6 hours of billable
time to sort out their mess got compensation. Not as much
as I'd asked for, but I wasn't going to complain.

--
www.thisreallyismyhost.99k.org/page1.php
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 8 Aug, 10:14, pete wrote:
On Sun, 8 Aug 2010 00:03:47 +0100, ARWadsworth wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-10893513

It makes the £40 I claimed back look so small.

Not if that was a true reflection of your costs.
About 15 years ago I got £100 back from a bank where I was
trying to open a business account. On two occasions they
lost the initial deposit cheque (of £5k+). Obviously after
that there was no possibility at all that I'd trust them
with my money :-) But a letter to their MD explaining
what they'd done and that it had taken me 6 hours of billable
time to sort out their mess got compensation. Not as much
as I'd asked for, but I wasn't going to complain.

--www.thisreallyismyhost.99k.org/page1.php

why is there some institutional problem with saying "sorry" and
accepting they feck up?

all these "ex gratia payments" and "without admission of any
responsibility" etc - is there some legal noose they don;t want to
hange themselves with?

or is it just the commercial version of that bloody annoying
inadequacy mantra some people have of *never* apologising/admitting
failure however small/large their cock-up?

Cheers
Jim K
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 8 Aug 2010 05:15:11 -0700 (PDT), Jim K wrote:

all these "ex gratia payments" and "without admission of any
responsibility" etc - is there some legal noose they don;t want to
hange themselves with?

YES! They don't want to end up having to pay *everyone* for the time
they spend chasing a problem. If they didn't say "ex gratia", OWTTE,
the precedent would be set.

--
Cheers
Dave.