Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Shower Pump Recommendations?

Which shower pump would you recommend to boost water pressure for a
single shower?

I would like a quiet shower pump but I have no idea how noisy these
pumps are.

Thanks for any recommendations

Gareth
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/08/2010 14:18, Gareth wrote:
Which shower pump would you recommend to boost water pressure for a
single shower?

I would like a quiet shower pump but I have no idea how noisy these
pumps are.

Thanks for any recommendations

Gareth

I know there's lots of Gareths about, however if you are you the one
with a dad in Oswestry give him a ring or email re shower pump, if not
ignore my comment.
Don
Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Rumm wrote:
On 07/08/2010 14:18, Gareth wrote:

Which shower pump would you recommend to boost water pressure for a
single shower?

I would like a quiet shower pump but I have no idea how noisy these
pumps are.

Thanks for any recommendations

Stuart Turner do the best ones IME. As to which model, it depends on
what sort of shower experience you are after. They do a quite reasonable
1.8 bar one that will make for a decent shower, but stops short of the
flay your skin off performance that some desire. Noise to an extent
will be influenced by how its mounted. Fixed to a paving slab, in turn
isolated by rubber mounts, even a noisy pump can be tamed!

AOL

http://www.stuart-turner.co.uk/

Also consider:

http://www.watermillshowers.co.uk/

http://www.pumpexpress.co.uk/acatalo...xpress_32.html

http://www.techflow.co.uk/

HTH
DaveyOz
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Osborne wrote:
John Rumm wrote:

Stuart Turner do the best ones IME

AOL

http://www.stuart-turner.co.uk/

Also consider:

http://www.watermillshowers.co.uk/

http://www.pumpexpress.co.uk/acatalo...xpress_32.html

http://www.techflow.co.uk/

Also http://www.salamanderpumps.co.uk/

Not quite in the Rolls Royce category like S/T, but I fitted an RSP75 at
least four years ago (after the usual ****ing about with a cheap/crap
pump from the DIY sheds that lasted a few seconds past the guarantee
period.) and haven't had a peep of trouble from it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/08/2010 16:13, Andy Burns wrote:
Dave Osborne wrote:
John Rumm wrote:

Stuart Turner do the best ones IME

AOL

http://www.stuart-turner.co.uk/

Also consider:

http://www.watermillshowers.co.uk/

http://www.pumpexpress.co.uk/acatalo...xpress_32.html

http://www.techflow.co.uk/

Also http://www.salamanderpumps.co.uk/

Not quite in the Rolls Royce category like S/T, but I fitted an RSP75 at
least four years ago (after the usual ****ing about with a cheap/crap
pump from the DIY sheds that lasted a few seconds past the guarantee
period.) and haven't had a peep of trouble from it.

Seconded re salamander, Screwfix do them so relatively easy to obtain.

In general, pumps with induction motors are quieter and last longer in
my experience. Cheap ones with simple universal motors are noisy and
short lived. Downside is that induction motor pumps are not speed
adjustable if that matters to you.

It is fairly easy to spot which is which from the pictures, induction
motors are usually round and of larger diameter and generally look a bit
more 'industrial'.

Chris K

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/08/2010 14:18, Gareth wrote:

Which shower pump would you recommend to boost water pressure for a
single shower?

I would like a quiet shower pump but I have no idea how noisy these
pumps are.

Thanks for any recommendations

Gareth

Thanks for all the suggestions. I have ordered a 1.8 bar Stuart Turner
pump.

Gareth
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Osborne wrote:

Also consider:

http://www.watermillshowers.co.uk/

I noticed today that B&Q sell watermill now, the "top" model they had on
display even had brass impeller housings ...