Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Xpelair Kitchen Fan

I am having a new double glazed kitchen window fitted.

The company will fit a fan which I supply - it will not be connected
up to electricity supply.

I am thinking of an Xpelair GX6 Axial.

Does anyone have any feedback on such a device.

The other point is :

Would it be acceptable to not have it permanently wired in - but to
have it plugged in to a 13Amp socket which is adjacent.

I would obviously fasten cable back to wall and make neat job of it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 04 Aug 2010 15:15:41 +0100 someone who may be andy hill
wrote this:-

Would it be acceptable to not have it permanently wired in - but to
have it plugged in to a 13Amp socket which is adjacent.

A clock connector is neater
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/MK0995.html. You can then fit
a switch in a suitable position.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh
http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts2000...#pt3-pb3-l1g54
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"andy hill" wrote in message

Would it be acceptable to not have it permanently wired in - but to
have it plugged in to a 13Amp socket which is adjacent.

I would obviously fasten cable back to wall and make neat job of it.

There's no problem at all. That's what I did in fact, just fitted
it with a plug. I skipped the "neat" bit though. However there's
no mention of fitting it with a plug in the leaflet that came with
it for some reason. But then all it is after all, is just another
appliance at the end of a lead. To use the technical term.

michael adams

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote this:-

Would it be acceptable to not have it permanently wired in - but to
have it plugged in to a 13Amp socket which is adjacent.

A clock connector is neater
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/MK0995.html. You can then fit
a switch in a suitable position.

Yes agree - BUT won't that need part P certifying or whatever correct
terminology is.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote this:-

Would it be acceptable to not have it permanently wired in - but to
have it plugged in to a 13Amp socket which is adjacent.

A clock connector is neater
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/MK0995.html. You can then fit
a switch in a suitable position.

Yes agree - BUT won't that need part P certifying or whatever correct
terminology is.

only if you want it to...

Jim K

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote this:-

Would it be acceptable to not have it permanently wired in - but to
have it plugged in to a 13Amp socket which is adjacent.

A clock connector is neater
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/MK0995.html. You can then fit
a switch in a suitable position.

Yes agree - BUT won't that need part P certifying or whatever correct
terminology is.

Is the fan a pull cord operated type?
If not then just stick a plug on it.
--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

andy hill wrote:

I am having a new double glazed kitchen window fitted.

The company will fit a fan which I supply - it will not be connected
up to electricity supply.

I am thinking of an Xpelair GX6 Axial.

Does anyone have any feedback on such a device.

We put a wall mounted version in about a year ago and it's been fine. and
reasonably quiet. Build quality seems OK too.

--
Mike Clarke

xpelair bathroom extractor fan. [email protected] UK diy 4 August 28th 07 02:03 PM
Xpelair GX9. / WX9. Peter C UK diy 0 April 24th 07 12:21 AM
Xpelair 9 inch extrator fan Peter C UK diy 2 January 28th 07 12:24 AM
Xpelair extractor fan stixwix UK diy 5 November 7th 05 11:53 PM
Xpelair fan John Edgar UK diy 8 August 11th 04 10:40 AM