Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wasps nest

Hi Group

I bought two cans of aerosol spray wasp killer from Tescos and sprayed the
nest from a respectful.distance. One can in each hand. I was told to do it
at night when all the wasps would be there.
Had I been able to see the size of the nest properly I might not have been
so brave (foolhardy) They have not come back. There was no time for other
options because my son is terrified of wasps. He once ran through a glass
door when the wasps came after him!

Alan

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/08/2010 03:53, Roberts wrote:
Hi Group

I bought two cans of aerosol spray wasp killer from Tescos and sprayed the
nest from a respectful.distance. One can in each hand. I was told to do it
at night when all the wasps would be there.
Had I been able to see the size of the nest properly I might not have been
so brave (foolhardy) They have not come back. There was no time for other
options because my son is terrified of wasps. He once ran through a glass
door when the wasps came after him!

Back when I was 9, I was unlucky to be stung on the eye lid. Half me
face swelled up and parents had quizzical looks from passers by my
strange appearance. Happily it wasn't permanent :-)

Now if a wasp comes to visit and lands on my hands, I'm OK about that.
It's an opportunity to study these creatures close like any other
interesting thing of nature - Spiders etc. However at an open air
wedding a couple of years ago, I kind of weirded out some of the other
guests when word somehow got around the other wasps that I was a good
tasty object to land on ...

However Wasps and Hornets nests around my house and garage are dealt
with Nippon powder if they cause too many to visit. My last project,
sticking up uPVC cladding on the apex wall of the garage, had to be
slightly delayed until I killed their nest. The existing woodwork to be
covered was their main takeoff and landing point and it was a bit hard
working around that. Indeed they were synchronised to land in much the
same way that jets are stacked up to land at Heathrow!

--
Adrian C

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Adrian C" wrote in message
[...]

Yes they do have pretty fixed flight paths: I've had them bounce off the
back of my head at intervals while weeding on one of their routes to the
compost heap.

Wasps nest. Bill UK diy 25 August 6th 10 09:15 PM
Wasps Nest John UK diy 40 July 16th 09 08:56 PM
Wasps' nest, what to do about it Grunff UK diy 53 June 14th 07 06:51 PM
wasps nest jIM Home Repair 16 September 5th 06 07:48 AM
BIG Wasps nest Sparks UK diy 25 October 19th 03 11:41 AM