Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Things are done differently there

Have a look at this PV installation taking place:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHCrdtIvD3I

Cavalier attitude to working at height.

Interesting strategy with individual inverters, not handily
placed for maintenance.

Rudimentary roof sealing.

The system cost around US$32,000, but the federal and state governments pick up about half of that. Our out-of-pocket expenses will be about US$16,000. Between the electricity savings and a modest "renewable energy credit" we get paid by the power company, I'm expecting payback to be in 6-7 years. Not fantastic but worth the investment

All the guys on the installation crew were eager to see the video, so I sent a link to the company. They are delighted with it and did say that they would use if for marketing.

And we know that the roof is still partly shaded -- we have a tree service coming in to remove the offending trees later this week. I hope!

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Have dancing shoes, will ceilidh.