Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fitted Bottom bed sheets help please

Hi all,

I have those fitted bottom bed sheets with elastic to make the
sheet stay on!

The problem is it does not every morning a corner has come up and the bed is
uncomfortable to lie in.

Is there any sort of extra tension that can be used such as elasticised
clips to hold the sheet underside tighter?

Or is it best to give in and use ordinary sheets tucked under instead?

Mick.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/07/2010 22:15, Mick. wrote:
Hi all,

I have those fitted bottom bed sheets with elastic to make the
sheet stay on!

The problem is it does not every morning a corner has come up and the bed is
uncomfortable to lie in.

Is there any sort of extra tension that can be used such as elasticised
clips to hold the sheet underside tighter?

Or is it best to give in and use ordinary sheets tucked under instead?

Mick.

yes there is, I think lakeland do them, or possibly someone like
betterware, they are like old fashioned stocking suspenders, with the
round wire and button fasteners at both ends.

heres one link I found.

http://www.amazon.com/Sheet-Suspende.../dp/B0014AMBWK

hope this helps

dedics
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/07/2010 22:15, Mick. wrote:
Hi all,

I have those fitted bottom bed sheets with elastic to make the
sheet stay on!

The problem is it does not every morning a corner has come up and the bed is
uncomfortable to lie in.

Is there any sort of extra tension that can be used such as elasticised
clips to hold the sheet underside tighter?

Or is it best to give in and use ordinary sheets tucked under instead?

Mick.

further to my previous post

http://www.betterware.co.uk/productd...language=en-GB

should be what you want.

(and yes I have nothing better to do!)

dedics
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 7/13/2010 5:15 PM, Mick. wrote:
Hi all,

I have those fitted bottom bed sheets with elastic to make the
sheet stay on!

The problem is it does not every morning a corner has come up and the bed is
uncomfortable to lie in.

Is there any sort of extra tension that can be used such as elasticised
clips to hold the sheet underside tighter?

Or is it best to give in and use ordinary sheets tucked under instead?

I would suggest you buy new sheets. Mattresses these days are often
much deeper than they were years ago, and fitted sheets don't fit well,
unless they have what are sometimes called deep pockets.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"S Viemeister" wrote in message
On 7/13/2010 5:15 PM, Mick. wrote:
Hi all,

I have those fitted bottom bed sheets with elastic to make the
sheet stay on!

The problem is it does not every morning a corner has come up and the bed
is
uncomfortable to lie in.

Is there any sort of extra tension that can be used such as elasticised
clips to hold the sheet underside tighter?

Or is it best to give in and use ordinary sheets tucked under instead?

I would suggest you buy new sheets. Mattresses these days are often much
deeper than they were years ago, and fitted sheets don't fit well, unless
they have what are sometimes called deep pockets.

Hi "S Viemeister",
It is a new mattress a memory foam one that came in a roll then expanded as
it was set free from the retaining cover.
And it is with new so called fitted sheets!

I think I will try the Betterware clips!
Thanks all,
Mick.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 7/13/2010 6:20 PM, Mick. wrote:

It is a new mattress a memory foam one that came in a roll then expanded as
it was set free from the retaining cover.
And it is with new so called fitted sheets!

I think I will try the Betterware clips!

I've tried those clips, and found them to be quite a nuisance.
Our memory foam mattress is much deeper than the one it replaced. We
bought new sheets, making sure to check the labels for the depth of
mattress they would accommodate.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/07/2010 23:24, S Viemeister wrote:
On 7/13/2010 6:20 PM, Mick. wrote:

It is a new mattress a memory foam one that came in a roll then
expanded as
it was set free from the retaining cover.
And it is with new so called fitted sheets!

I think I will try the Betterware clips!

I've tried those clips, and found them to be quite a nuisance.
Our memory foam mattress is much deeper than the one it replaced. We
bought new sheets, making sure to check the labels for the depth of
mattress they would accommodate.

Yes indeed. The sides need to be deep enough to allow the elasticated
bit to go just *under* the mattress - then it can't ride up the side of
the mattress.
--
Cheers,
Roger
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mick." wrote in message ...
Hi all,

I have those fitted bottom bed sheets with elastic to make the sheet stay on!

The problem is it does not every morning a corner has come up and the bed is uncomfortable to lie in.

Is there any sort of extra tension that can be used such as elasticised clips to hold the sheet underside tighter?

Or is it best to give in and use ordinary sheets tucked under instead?

Mick.

Find a nurse to show you how to do "hospital corners"

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Graham." wrote in message

"Mick." wrote in message
Hi all,

I have those fitted bottom bed sheets with elastic to make the
sheet stay on!

The problem is it does not every morning a corner has come up and the bed
is uncomfortable to lie in.

Is there any sort of extra tension that can be used such as elasticised
clips to hold the sheet underside tighter?

Or is it best to give in and use ordinary sheets tucked under instead?

Mick.

Find a nurse to show you how to do "hospital corners"

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Hi, as a nearly single man going through a divorce, I would love to find a
nurse :-)
Thanks everbody,
Mick.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Graham." wrote in message

"Mick." wrote in message
Hi all,

I have those fitted bottom bed sheets with elastic to make the
sheet stay on!

The problem is it does not every morning a corner has come up and the bed
is uncomfortable to lie in.

Is there any sort of extra tension that can be used such as elasticised
clips to hold the sheet underside tighter?

Or is it best to give in and use ordinary sheets tucked under instead?

Mick.

Find a nurse to show you how to do "hospital corners"

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

I have some elastic strips with suspender clips at each end. They clip
across the corners to stop the sheet from popping off. I think we got them
from a bettaware catalogue.
Lawrence

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 7/13/2010 6:20 PM, Mick. wrote:

It is a new mattress a memory foam one that came in a roll then
expanded as
it was set free from the retaining cover.
And it is with new so called fitted sheets!

I think I will try the Betterware clips!

I've tried those clips, and found them to be quite a nuisance.
Our memory foam mattress is much deeper than the one it replaced. We
bought new sheets, making sure to check the labels for the depth of
mattress they would accommodate.

Yes indeed. The sides need to be deep enough to allow the elasticated
bit to go just *under* the mattress - then it can't ride up the side of
the mattress.

Another possibility is to sew a new strip of elastic across each
corner so that it goes under the mattress in use.

NT