Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default White matt emulsion - I need a lot - good deals?

Around 250 sq metres to do. Looking for reasonable to good quality
product. Mostly going on new skim-coated plasterboard, though some on
previously whitewashed old lath and plaster ceiling.

Which products are good?

Have you spotted any good deals?

Price seem to vary enormously between the no-name bulk products and
the reputable names - how real is the difference here?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 7 July, 13:11, " wrote:
Around 250 sq metres to do. Looking for reasonable to good quality
product. Mostly going on new skim-coated plasterboard, though some on
previously whitewashed old lath and plaster ceiling.

Which products are good?

Have you spotted any good deals?

Price seem to vary enormously between the no-name bulk products and
the reputable names - how real is the difference here?

so 250m2 X 2coats = 500m2
worst case 10m2 per litre
=50 litres

wickes 15litre pails £30 each
call it £100?

suggest it's not worth bothering trying to get a "deal"?

Cheers
Jim K
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 7 July, 13:11, " wrote:
Around 250 sq metres to do. Looking for reasonable to good quality
product. Mostly going on new skim-coated plasterboard, though some on
previously whitewashed old lath and plaster ceiling.

Which products are good?

Have you spotted any good deals?

Price seem to vary enormously between the no-name bulk products and
the reputable names - how real is the difference here?

Always had good luck with Leyland paints, some of the cheaper `bucket`
paints seems to go on like millk, multi multi coats required.

Paint a bit like car polish, all the investment is really in the time,
and you`ll be investing a lot more with cheap materials....

Cheers
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article
, Jim
K writes
On 7 July, 13:11, " wrote:
Around 250 sq metres to do. Looking for reasonable to good quality
product. Mostly going on new skim-coated plasterboard, though some on
previously whitewashed old lath and plaster ceiling.

Which products are good?

Have you spotted any good deals?

Price seem to vary enormously between the no-name bulk products and
the reputable names - how real is the difference here?

so 250m2 X 2coats = 500m2
worst case 10m2 per litre
=50 litres

wickes 15litre pails £30 each
call it £100?

Leyland trade centres will do Leyland 15litre for 20-22quid and their
better Johnstones brand for about 25quid. My local one is friendly and
after spending a bit with them gave me a nod and a trade delivery note
that should be worth 15-20% off on my next visit. IMO very well worth
having a chat before spending 100 odd quid but def wait until there are
no trade boys propping up the counter.
--
fred

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
Around 250 sq metres to do. Looking for reasonable to good quality
product. Mostly going on new skim-coated plasterboard, though some on
previously whitewashed old lath and plaster ceiling.

Which products are good?

Have you spotted any good deals?

Price seem to vary enormously between the no-name bulk products and
the reputable names - how real is the difference here?

The opacity is the big issues .... good paints have high levels of solids
and cover much better per coat than a cheapie no brand.

I painted every room in a new build with white matt before deciding on
colour.

The best out there is Leyland Contract Matt or Macpherson's Trade White
.........both cheap enough if you buy in 10Litre tubs and go to a Paint Trade
outlet ... certainly under £20

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Rick Hughes wrote:
Macpherson's Trade White
........both cheap enough if you buy in 10Litre tubs and go to a Paint Trade
outlet ... certainly under £20

Seconded with the Macphersons Trade. The Crown decorator centre I use
say it is as good as the usual Crown trade, I agree, and it is £5 or so
cheaper per 5L.
I pay £13.99 for 5 L.

Alan.