Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Swaged tubular sections

Umm, as the title?
Looking for swaged steel tube, preferable about 80cm length and 1 -
1.5mm wall. Diameter, 25-40mm mild steel (if you can suggest chromed
section though)

--
Clint Sharp
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28 June, 20:12, Clint Sharp wrote:
Umm, as the title?
Looking for swaged steel tube, preferable about 80cm length and 1 -
1.5mm wall. Diameter, 25-40mm mild steel (if you can suggest chromed
section though)

--
Clint Sharp

If it was narrower , tent pole makers.

At that diameter sleeving a pipe one inside other and spot welded in?

Cheers
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message
,
Adam Aglionby writes
On 28 June, 20:12, Clint Sharp wrote:
Umm, as the title?
Looking for swaged steel tube, preferable about 80cm length and 1 -
1.5mm wall. Diameter, 25-40mm mild steel (if you can suggest chromed
section though)

--
Clint Sharp

If it was narrower , tent pole makers.

What sort of diameter would I need to go down to to get them from a tent
pole manufacturer do you think?

At that diameter sleeving a pipe one inside other and spot welded in?

That'd work too, I'd thought of that but wasn't able to find tubes that
were a close fit, I might have to look harder if I can't find swaged
ones to suit

Cheers
Adam

--
Clint Sharp
Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember Clint Sharp
saying something like:

Looking for swaged steel tube, preferable about 80cm length and 1 -
1.5mm wall. Diameter, 25-40mm mild steel (if you can suggest chromed
section though)

Exhaust system makers.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Grimly
Curmudgeon writes
drugs began to take hold. I remember Clint Sharp
saying something like:

Looking for swaged steel tube, preferable about 80cm length and 1 -
1.5mm wall. Diameter, 25-40mm mild steel (if you can suggest chromed
section though)

Exhaust system makers.

Ahh, damn good idea... well done that man, there's a place near here
that does custom ones I think
--
Clint Sharp

tubular heaters Staffbull UK diy 8 November 19th 06 06:00 PM
Tubular Heater for Airing Cupboard Cokey UK diy 11 November 10th 06 05:58 PM
Sun-Tek tubular skylights Tom Smith Home Repair 4 August 1st 03 08:10 AM
Sun-Tek tubular skylights Tom Smith Home Ownership 4 August 1st 03 08:10 AM