Tom Smith

Default Sun-Tek tubular skylights

I'm planning to install a tube-type skylight in my foyer. My local
home improvement store (Lowe's) tells me that the Sun-Tek brand is the
original and best quality of this style of skylight. It seems rather
expensive ($450 + 350 labor). Does anyone have experience with this
brand? There's very little information on the Web about Sun-Tek.

Tim Fischer

"Tom Smith" wrote in message
om...
I'm planning to install a tube-type skylight in my foyer. My local
home improvement store (Lowe's) tells me that the Sun-Tek brand is the
original and best quality of this style of skylight. It seems rather
expensive ($450 + 350 labor).

Geez -- can you do it yourself, or find someone who can do it for you for
less? They aren't that hard to install, and designed for DIY installation.

-Tim

On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 18:43:02 GMT, "Tim Fischer"
wrote:

Geez -- can you do it yourself, or find someone who can do it for you for
less? They aren't that hard to install, and designed for DIY installation.

But you can't warranty the installation - my SolarTube skylight
included a 10 year warranty in case of leaks (and it didn't cost
anywhere as much as the OP's quote for the tube and installation!)