Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wossa difference?

I'm after some 3 core & earth flex to run 300w motors on awnings.

TLC have two listed (top two)
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Ind...e_2/index.html

The first one is described as 'heat resistant' but is cheaper than the
second one?

Confused of Medway

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 09:43:02 +0100, The Medway Handyman wrote:

I'm after some 3 core & earth flex to run 300w motors on awnings.

TLC have two listed (top two)
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Ind...e_2/index.html

The first one is described as 'heat resistant' but is cheaper than the
second one?

Why not ask 'em? Could just be old and new stock with a price difference.

--
The Wanderer

When you hear the toilet flush and your child says 'Uh oh'
It's already too late!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
I'm after some 3 core & earth flex to run 300w motors on awnings.

TLC have two listed (top two)
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Ind...e_2/index.html

The first one is described as 'heat resistant' but is cheaper than the
second one?

Confused of Medway

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman

Rather odd pricing. You can used heat resistant flex in place of standard
flex but not the other way around. Usually the heat resistant is more
expensve. It must be new stock of the standard flex and copper prices have
risen.

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Wanderer wrote:
On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 09:43:02 +0100, The Medway Handyman wrote:

I'm after some 3 core & earth flex to run 300w motors on awnings.

TLC have two listed (top two)
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Ind...e_2/index.html

The first one is described as 'heat resistant' but is cheaper than
the second one?

Why not ask 'em? Could just be old and new stock with a price
difference.

Cos its Sunday :-)

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

I'm after some 3 core & earth flex to run 300w motors on awnings.

TLC have two listed (top two)
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Ind...e_2/index.html

The first one is described as 'heat resistant' but is cheaper than the
second one?

Confused of Medway

The heat resistant flex sounds something like the 16 amp one that is
intended for use with immersion heaters. In my experience that was
rather less flexible than the outwardly similar 16 amp flex that
wasn't advertised as heat resistant.

If you needed that greater flexibility, the heat resistant one
wouldn't be the one to go for.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Bruce wrote:
he heat resistant flex sounds something like the 16 amp one that is
intended for use with immersion heaters. In my experience that was
rather less flexible than the outwardly similar 16 amp flex that
wasn't advertised as heat resistant.

If you needed that greater flexibility, the heat resistant one
wouldn't be the one to go for.

Or use butyl which is more flexible than either. At a price, of course.

--
*And don't start a sentence with a conjunction *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Any difference? Steve B[_3_] Metalworking 30 January 3rd 10 05:36 AM
OT - The Difference Eregon[_4_] Metalworking 1 October 1st 09 11:36 PM
How to tell the difference between RG-59, RG-59U or RG-6? orangetrader Home Repair 16 October 8th 04 06:16 AM
Difference Rakesh Electronics Repair 5 October 7th 04 06:15 AM
Difference EE-MAN Electronics 1 September 1st 03 04:42 PM