Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Relative value of contributors to newsgroups?

Interesting comments about an "expert" contributors efforts here.
http://www.diynot.com/forums/viewtop...=asc&st art=0
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"cynic" wrote in message
Interesting comments about an "expert" contributors efforts here.
http://www.diynot.com/forums/viewtop...=asc&st art=0

Er: "doesn't even look like this was proof read as the grammar is
appauling."

Oops.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember John Rumm
saying something like:

Stuff like:

"The residual current devices that are currently used to automatically
disconnect electrical circuits, rely on measuring the amount of current
imbalance between jive and neutral in any given circuit."

Might be the way sparks do things in Harlem.

That would be a big woosh! Not least its hard to see why he even
mentions RCDs in the context, let alone why he then meanders off onto
discussions of wet grass.

Harder to smoke, innit?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Rumm wrote:

Its obvious that the author has little real understanding of even basic
electrical principles.

I'll say, its dificult to tell from his tangled prose, but he gives the
impression that the thinks that capacitance means that the capacitor has
to be "filled" before current can flow from it. So based on that he has
formulated his theory that before an RCD can trip the human body must
first be filled with electricity.

He reminds me of one of James Thurber's stories about the aunt who was
convinced that electricity was leaking all through the house.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember (Steve Firth)
saying something like:

I'll say, its dificult to tell from his tangled prose, but he gives the
impression that the thinks that capacitance means that the capacitor has
to be "filled" before current can flow from it. So based on that he has
formulated his theory that before an RCD can trip the human body must
first be filled with electricity.

Probably been drinking the phlogiston.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 01:19:33 +0100, Steve Firth wrote:

He reminds me of one of James Thurber's stories about the aunt who was
convinced that electricity was leaking all through the house.

During one of the winter storms a good few years ago that had brought about
wide spread power cuts we had a telephone call from some old and pretty
obviously senile fellow who lived out in the sticks that he could see
electricity 'dripping off the wires like catherine wheels' and wanted to
know if he could catch and use it......

--
The Wanderer

That no one understands doesn't make you an artist.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Wanderer" wrote in message
On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 01:19:33 +0100, Steve Firth wrote:

He reminds me of one of James Thurber's stories about the aunt who

was
convinced that electricity was leaking all through the house.

During one of the winter storms a good few years ago that had

brought about
wide spread power cuts we had a telephone call from some old and

pretty
obviously senile fellow who lived out in the sticks that he could

see
electricity 'dripping off the wires like catherine wheels' and

wanted to
know if he could catch and use it......

--
The Wanderer

That no one understands doesn't make you an artist.

Possibly St Elmo's Fire ?

AWEM