Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Help with Hilti bolts...

Repairing a fence for my daughter and I had to use Hilti bolts,
drilling into concrete. I've never used the things before and they
don't come with instructions.
I figured it's simple enough, drill the holes, remove the nuts, fit
the metal plate, replace the nuts on the protruding threads and tap
the bolts into the holes.
Of four bolts, three failed with stripped threads and were absolute
swines to get back out. What's the secret? Don't whack them in too
hard? Whack them in really hard? Screw the nuts down tight before
tapping them home, leave the nuts on the ends of the threads? What?
Any clues folks, the damn things are expensive and I've four more to
do tomorrow as well as the three I lost today.
Thanks for any pointers.

Hit it with a Hilti Tim UK diy 7 February 23rd 13 10:01 PM
swap me YOUR 12 x 1.25 metric bolts, I got tons of *NEW* grade 5USA 1/2 x 1 inch NC bolts dave Metalworking 4 November 1st 09 07:44 PM
Hilti DX-A41 [email protected] Home Repair 1 January 19th 09 07:05 PM
Hilti DS HS 80 gas saw ** Frank ** Home Repair 0 May 18th 07 04:50 PM
Hilti TE6A Knothead Metalworking 3 January 16th 04 07:15 AM