Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Recomendations for CCTV kit?

Hi,

Owing to ongoing hassle with the next door nutty neighbour (we've just
had trees entirely in both our front and back garden vandalised by him)
I'm looking to splash about £300-400 on four cameras and a hard drive
based recorder. Police can't take any action otherwise ;-(

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/290438777726

Looks interesting - the domes will mount under the eaves of the roof,
though I've heard comments that 1/3" is a better bet than 1/4" for the
cameras.

Only interested in wired systems.

Though looking at the above kit, I'm now wondering about D-I-Y rolling
my own with a security DVR card, cameras and a server box. So if anyone
has done that with cards similar to

http://www.camsecure.co.uk/CamsecureBT878aPCICard.html

??

--