Posted to uk.d-i-y
critcher critcher is offline

Default Recomendations for CCTV kit?

"Adrian C" wrote in message
Hi,

Owing to ongoing hassle with the next door nutty neighbour (we've just had
trees entirely in both our front and back garden vandalised by him) I'm
looking to splash about £300-400 on four cameras and a hard drive based
recorder. Police can't take any action otherwise ;-(

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/290438777726

Looks interesting - the domes will mount under the eaves of the roof,
though I've heard comments that 1/3" is a better bet than 1/4" for the
cameras.

Only interested in wired systems.

Though looking at the above kit, I'm now wondering about D-I-Y rolling my
own with a security DVR card, cameras and a server box. So if anyone has
done that with cards similar to

http://www.camsecure.co.uk/CamsecureBT878aPCICard.html

??

--
Adrian C

critcher said.....................
it is probably an invasion of their privacy if you video any of their land
and their actions while on it.