Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Recomendations for CCTV kit?

drugs began to take hold. I remember Matty F
saying something like:

Any pickys?

http://i45.tinypic.com/295quzn.jpg
It's not my house by the way!

Pah. I expected a pic of the thief.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 1 June, 09:55, Matty F wrote:
On May 31, 11:01 pm, "The Medway Handyman" davidl...@no-spam-

blueyonder.co.uk wrote:
Matty F wrote:
On May 31, 11:50 am, Adam Aglionby wrote:

Copper downpipes, must look nice , whats the advantage?

Corrosion free and stronger than plastic. And in keeping with a house
covered in marble tiles from Italy, and a copper roof.

Any pickys?

http://i45.tinypic.com/295quzn.jpg
It's not my house by the way!

Just up road from me is 6 storey bulding clad in copper, which would
have aged nicely, except council didn`t want it weathering unevenly
and insisted it was painted green, it looks like it was clad in cheap
WPB :-(

Cheers
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jun 1, 11:45 pm, Grimly Curmudgeon
drugs began to take hold. I remember Matty F
saying something like:

Any pickys?

http://i45.tinypic.com/295quzn.jpg
It's not my house by the way!

Pah. I expected a pic of the thief.

OK, if you want:
http://i49.tinypic.com/35k1nra.jpg

I do have identifiable pics of him and his van (and rego number) from
other cameras.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 1 June, 13:43, Matty F wrote:
On Jun 1, 11:45 pm, Grimly Curmudgeon

drugs began to take hold. I remember Matty F
saying something like:

Any pickys?

http://i45.tinypic.com/295quzn.jpg
It's not my house by the way!

Pah. I expected a pic of the thief.

OK, if you want:http://i49.tinypic.com/35k1nra.jpg

I do have identifiable pics of him and his van (and rego number) from
other cameras.

Hoodie and joggies appears to be international scroat uniform..

Cheers
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , dennis@home
scribeth thus

"tony sayer" wrote in message
In article , dennis@home
scribeth thus

"tony sayer" wrote in message

Why IP camera?..

Because they are independent of the recorder.

Thats meaningless depends on what your recorder will accept..

Its not meaningless, it is as stated they are independent of the recorder,
you do not need a recorder to use them to record images or to view them.

That is a rather silly statement be more specific about what you mean!..

They are available in HD without having to spend on a new HD recorder.
They are easy to monitor and control from a remote location.

So, aren't ordinary cameras?..

Its not a function of the camera its a function of the recorder, so yes if
you have the right recorder, no if you don't.

You can get them with motion detect

So are a lot of other cameras..

I know of no analogue cameras that do motion detection.
I know of recorders that do motion detection.

Have a look on the RF concepts site a few there..

and they will email pictures to you so
you don't need a recorder at all.

That could be a lot of e-mails..

At least they are stored offsite (usually).

So no concern for the things that make a quality pix like the lens etc?.

You can buy cr@p cctv cameras and cr@p recorders, the same is true of IP
cameras.

And do they not seem more expensive than ordinary cameras for much the
same spec?.?.

I think you will find they cost a similar amount for similar capability.

Give us some examples of the same performance Lens and definition
then?..

--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message
,
Matty F writes
blueyonder.co.uk wrote:
Matty F wrote:
On May 31, 11:50 am, Adam Aglionby wrote:

Copper downpipes, must look nice , whats the advantage?

Corrosion free and stronger than plastic. And in keeping with a house
covered in marble tiles from Italy, and a copper roof.

Any pickys?

http://i45.tinypic.com/295quzn.jpg
It's not my house by the way!

Did some lead ones a few years ago (country mansion - had to look
authentic), even managed a date and a coat of arms on the collection
boxes. Might have a photo somewhere

--
geoff