Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Summer House re-felting

The question about rotating a shed (and the answer about the roofs being
designed for weight bearing down on them) made me wonder if my plans for the
summerhouse re-furb are worthwhile.

As I am currently doing the conservatory, I have a couple of acrows. I was
planning to use just one of those internally in the summer house when I
re-felt the top of it. Bad idea? Would I be better just getting up there -
will it support me (15 stone fatboy!)? ;-) I imagine it's about 10' x 8',
all timber, with a pitched roof.

Cheers

JW

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Whitworth wrote:
The question about rotating a shed (and the answer about the roofs being
designed for weight bearing down on them) made me wonder if my plans for the
summerhouse re-furb are worthwhile.

As I am currently doing the conservatory, I have a couple of acrows. I was
planning to use just one of those internally in the summer house when I
re-felt the top of it. Bad idea? Would I be better just getting up there -
will it support me (15 stone fatboy!)? ;-) I imagine it's about 10' x 8',
all timber, with a pitched roof.

Cheers

JW

We dont know the roof design or timber sizes. I've seen roofs that
would support and ones that definitely wouldnt.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Whitworth wrote:
The question about rotating a shed (and the answer about the roofs
being designed for weight bearing down on them) made me wonder if my
plans for the summerhouse re-furb are worthwhile.

As I am currently doing the conservatory, I have a couple of acrows.
I was planning to use just one of those internally in the summer
house when I re-felt the top of it. Bad idea? Would I be better just
getting up there - will it support me (15 stone fatboy!)? ;-) I
imagine it's about 10' x 8', all timber, with a pitched roof.

Most seem OK, I'm also a FB and I've never had a problem.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"NT" wrote in message
John Whitworth wrote:
The question about rotating a shed (and the answer about the roofs being
designed for weight bearing down on them) made me wonder if my plans for
the
summerhouse re-furb are worthwhile.

As I am currently doing the conservatory, I have a couple of acrows. I
was
planning to use just one of those internally in the summer house when I
re-felt the top of it. Bad idea? Would I be better just getting up
there -
will it support me (15 stone fatboy!)? ;-) I imagine it's about 10' x 8',
all timber, with a pitched roof.

Cheers

JW

We dont know the roof design or timber sizes. I've seen roofs that
would support and ones that definitely wouldnt.

To be honest, it's very difficult to say the exact construction, as the
previous owner of the house, panelled the entire summer house, so I can't
see any of the structural timbers!

JW

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
John Whitworth wrote:
The question about rotating a shed (and the answer about the roofs
being designed for weight bearing down on them) made me wonder if my
plans for the summerhouse re-furb are worthwhile.

As I am currently doing the conservatory, I have a couple of acrows.
I was planning to use just one of those internally in the summer
house when I re-felt the top of it. Bad idea? Would I be better just
getting up there - will it support me (15 stone fatboy!)? ;-) I
imagine it's about 10' x 8', all timber, with a pitched roof.

Most seem OK, I'm also a FB and I've never had a problem.

Cheers - I'll keep an ear open for any loud creaks, and make sure I know a
quick way down (that isn't through the roof!) ;-)

JW

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Whitworth wrote:
The question about rotating a shed (and the answer about the roofs
being designed for weight bearing down on them) made me wonder if my
plans for the summerhouse re-furb are worthwhile.

As I am currently doing the conservatory, I have a couple of acrows.
I was planning to use just one of those internally in the summer
house when I re-felt the top of it. Bad idea? Would I be better just
getting up there - will it support me (15 stone fatboy!)? ;-) I
imagine it's about 10' x 8', all timber, with a pitched roof.

Most seem OK, I'm also a FB and I've never had a problem.

Cheers - I'll keep an ear open for any loud creaks, and make sure I know a
quick way down (that isn't through the roof!) ;-)

JW

Putting a load spreading sheet up there and standing on that can help

NT