Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Microwave start button

Hi All,

I happened to be round my old Mums yesterday when she used the
microwave and noticed she was having to hold the start button it to
keep it running. In fact it turns out you only have to hold it in for
a few seconds (~10?) then it seems to 'take' and is ok from then on.

So, anyone know what's behind these buttons and more importantly, is
there anything that could be 'serviced' do you know please?

Are we talking just a sticky solenoid or some such?

Cheers, T i m

p.s. I know they are pretty cheap these days but I know if I suggested
getting a new (I'd get her a new one) one she would say it doesn't
matter or that she doesn't use it that often etc.