Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

Default Bi-fold door slider

Can anyone tell me where to get one of these please?
http://i780.photobucket.com/albums/y...2/IMGP1381.jpg

It's for a bi-fold door, and it fits in the top edge of the door so it
slides in a track screwed to the wardrobe. It just stops the door flapping
about as all the weight is taken by the hinges.

--
Murphy's ultimate law is that if something that could go wrong doesn't, it
turns out that it would have been better if it had gone wrong.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

GB wrote:
Can anyone tell me where to get one of these please?
http://i780.photobucket.com/albums/y...2/IMGP1381.jpg

It's for a bi-fold door, and it fits in the top edge of the door so it
slides in a track screwed to the wardrobe. It just stops the door flapping
about as all the weight is taken by the hinges.

I think you will find it easily, just take it to a hardware shop and
show them. If English hardware shops are anything like Australian they
will know. They are fairly common here.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

GB wrote:
Can anyone tell me where to get one of these please?
http://i780.photobucket.com/albums/y...2/IMGP1381.jpg

It's for a bi-fold door, and it fits in the top edge of the door so it
slides in a track screwed to the wardrobe. It just stops the door
flapping about as all the weight is taken by the hinges.

Fairly sure you wont be able to buy one off the self. Is it a new door? If
so, ring the helpline on the destructions.

If not, go into B&Q or Wickes, steal instructions from package, ring
helpline pretending its a new door :-)

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

The Medway Handyman wrote:
GB wrote:
Can anyone tell me where to get one of these please?
http://i780.photobucket.com/albums/y...2/IMGP1381.jpg

It's for a bi-fold door, and it fits in the top edge of the door so
it slides in a track screwed to the wardrobe. It just stops the door
flapping about as all the weight is taken by the hinges.

Fairly sure you wont be able to buy one off the self. Is it a new
door? If so, ring the helpline on the destructions.

If not, go into B&Q or Wickes, steal instructions from package, ring
helpline pretending its a new door :-)

I fear you are right

It's a very old door. At least we've been in the house 12 years and it was
here when we arrived. I can't find anything similar on google images.

--
Murphy's ultimate law is that if something that could go wrong doesn't,
it turns out that it would have been better if it had gone wrong.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 18 May 2010 20:13:50 +0100, "GB" wrote:

It's a very old door. At least we've been in the house 12 years and it was
here when we arrived. I can't find anything similar on google images.

I found several US sites with them like this one.

http://tinyurl.com/299wcau

Probably would cost much to send.

Andy C

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 18 May 2010 18:45:02 +0100, The Medway Handyman wrote:

If not, go into B&Q or Wickes, steal instructions from package, ring
helpline pretending its a new door :-)

One approach or just buy it and replace track and guide with the new
ones.

Whats actually up with the old one? Is it just the roller worn out in
the middle? Could just that be replaced rather than the whole
assembly?

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Tue, 18 May 2010 18:45:02 +0100, The Medway Handyman wrote:

If not, go into B&Q or Wickes, steal instructions from package, ring
helpline pretending its a new door :-)

One approach or just buy it and replace track and guide with the new
ones.

Whats actually up with the old one? Is it just the roller worn out in
the middle? Could just that be replaced rather than the whole
assembly?

I don't think it could be replaced. The nylon roller is cracked, but it
looks like it was place on the pin and then the end of the pin was pressed
down to form a mushroom head.

--
Murphy's ultimate law is that if something that could go wrong doesn't,
it turns out that it would have been better if it had gone wrong.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

wrote:

I found several US sites with them like this one.

http://tinyurl.com/299wcau

Probably would cost much to send.

Andy C

I meant wouldn't !!

Thanks. I'll contact them and see what they say about postage.

--
Murphy's ultimate law is that if something that could go wrong doesn't,
it turns out that it would have been better if it had gone wrong.

how to connect slider to cabinet door [email protected] Woodworking 4 April 20th 07 09:50 AM
bi-fold door dkhedmo Home Repair 1 November 6th 06 04:43 PM
Wanted: Internal door slider/folding mechanism [email protected] UK diy 2 February 20th 06 11:21 PM
bi-fold shower door In2Minds UK diy 6 January 26th 06 07:21 PM
Patio Slider Door Question? EvoDawg Home Repair 7 June 28th 05 04:54 AM