Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default TLC Tapes & stuff

I 'loose' measuring tapes with alarming regularity. The Tape Fairy
obviously has me on her hit list.

Spotted these in TLC, really nice tape, nice wide blade that extends a fair
way before buckling. Has that auto lock feature which I like a lot. Good
value at around £3.

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/FXATM5.html

Even better was spotting these. I had one & lost it :-(

Brilliant design for measuring internal sizes. Bit pricey for a tape, but
worth is weight.

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/FXGT5.html

Some other nice new bits - spare nozzles for silicone tubes, 6 for 99p.

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/FXNOZ.html

And wall grommets for cables http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/MXCBW.html

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember "The Medway Handyman"
saying something like:

I 'loose' measuring tapes with alarming regularity.

Not surprising, they want to be free to roam across the plains.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 16 May 2010 13:01:22 +0100, Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:

drugs began to take hold. I remember "The Medway Handyman"
saying something like:

I 'loose' measuring tapes with alarming regularity.

Not surprising, they want to be free to roam across the plains.

They, along with spectacles and SK blades, are usually herd and not seen.
--
Peter.
2x4 - thick plank; 4x4 - two of 'em.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16 May, 10:43, "The Medway Handyman" davidl...@no-spam-
blueyonder.co.uk wrote:
I 'loose' measuring tapes with alarming regularity. *The Tape Fairy
obviously has me on her hit list.

Spotted these in TLC, really nice tape, nice wide blade that extends a fair
way before buckling. *Has that auto lock feature which I like a lot. *Good
value at around £3.

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/FXATM5.html

Even better was spotting these. *I had one & lost it :-(

Brilliant design for measuring internal sizes. *Bit pricey for a tape, but
worth is weight.

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/FXGT5.html

Some other nice new bits - spare nozzles for silicone tubes, 6 for 99p.

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/FXNOZ.html

And wall grommets for cableshttp://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/MXCBW.html

--
Dave - The Medway Handymanwww.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Hmm - look very like the ones I got out of Aldis last week - 5m and 7m
at £2.99 the pair.

Rob
Posted to uk.d-i-y
GMM GMM is offline

blueyonder.co.uk wrote:
[...]

All sounds pretty extravagant to me: Whenever I pass a poundland I
buy a couple: One day I'll reach saturation point and be able to find
one.....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:
I 'loose' measuring tapes with alarming regularity. The Tape Fairy
obviously has me on her hit list.

She's a relative of the Biro and Specs. fairies. Little stewards!

Snipped

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 16 May 2010 13:33:36 -0700 (PDT), GMM wrote:

Hmm - look very like the ones I got out of Aldis last week - 5m and 7m
at £2.99 the pair.

Rob

All sounds pretty extravagant to me: Whenever I pass a poundland I
buy a couple: One day I'll reach saturation point and be able to find
one.....

Yoo woz dun - Wilko for about 80-odd p.
--
Peter.