Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default IKEA Kitchen Units - How Thick?

Took a look at some IKEA kitchen units last weekend and the looked as if
they were built from 18mm MFC. Bought a couple of drawers to fit into my
own cabinets (also made from 18mm MFC) and I find that there is
something like a 1mm gap either side. Not going to be a problem - I can
use a couple of washers but this would mean that the IKEA units are
built from 19mm material. Is this right?

Or else my tape measure is out and my bases are slightly oversize.

Andrew
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 13 May 2010 17:16:22 +0100, Andrew May
wrote:

Took a look at some IKEA kitchen units last weekend and the looked as if
they were built from 18mm MFC. Bought a couple of drawers to fit into my
own cabinets (also made from 18mm MFC) and I find that there is
something like a 1mm gap either side. Not going to be a problem - I can
use a couple of washers but this would mean that the IKEA units are
built from 19mm material. Is this right?

Or else my tape measure is out and my bases are slightly oversize.

Last time I measured they were 19mm, but that was a few years ago for
a kitchen project that didn't go ahead.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
Took a look at some IKEA kitchen units last weekend and the looked as if
they were built from 18mm MFC. Bought a couple of drawers to fit into my
own cabinets (also made from 18mm MFC) and I find that there is
something like a 1mm gap either side. Not going to be a problem - I can
use a couple of washers but this would mean that the IKEA units are
built from 19mm material. Is this right?

Or else my tape measure is out and my bases are slightly oversize.

Last time I measured they were 19mm, but that was a few years ago for
a kitchen project that didn't go ahead.

So perhaps my tape measure is accurate after all. Problem lies with the
cheapo paper ones that they give away free in IKEA.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
Took a look at some IKEA kitchen units last weekend and the looked as
if they were built from 18mm MFC. Bought a couple of drawers to fit
into my own cabinets (also made from 18mm MFC) and I find that there
is something like a 1mm gap either side. Not going to be a problem -
I can use a couple of washers but this would mean that the IKEA units
are built from 19mm material. Is this right?

Or else my tape measure is out and my bases are slightly oversize.

Last time I measured they were 19mm, but that was a few years ago for
a kitchen project that didn't go ahead.

So perhaps my tape measure is accurate after all. Problem lies with the
cheapo paper ones that they give away free in IKEA.

Just measured mine (installed end last year) and they are indeed 19mm

--
_ __ _ __

Remove NOSPAM from email to reply

Ikea kitchen base units Brian UK diy 10 July 25th 05 01:00 PM
edging strip for ikea white chipboard kitchen units [email protected] UK diy 3 June 6th 05 10:54 PM
IKEA kitchen wall units Colin Green UK diy 7 January 18th 05 01:13 AM
Ikea kitchen units too big for Wickes worktop tez UK diy 3 December 15th 04 07:43 PM
IKEA base units wont fit other stores worktops 8( tez UK diy 6 December 12th 04 11:28 PM