Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Oslo deck mixer tap

Thinking about one of these from B&Q for a 2 hole kitchen sink, but it
appears to have 3/4" threads (if the OD of the thread is what you
measure), which I thought was for baths. Any reason it can't be used in
a kitchen? As usual B&Q don't provide any useful info.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/05/10 16:19, stuart noble wrote:
Thinking about one of these from B&Q for a 2 hole kitchen sink, but it
appears to have 3/4" threads (if the OD of the thread is what you
measure), which I thought was for baths. Any reason it can't be used in
a kitchen? As usual B&Q don't provide any useful info.

No reason. I found my tiny bathroom sink had 3/4" holes. As it happens
the 3/4" bath taps and 1/2" bath taps in the same range have bugger all
external differences, so I uprated to 3/4" taps on the basin for a
better fit.

If it looks right from above and you have or can make a 3/4" type hole
in the sink, then no problems

--
Tim Watts

Hung parliament? Rather have a hanged parliament.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Watts wrote:
On 13/05/10 16:19, stuart noble wrote:
Thinking about one of these from B&Q for a 2 hole kitchen sink, but it
appears to have 3/4" threads (if the OD of the thread is what you
measure), which I thought was for baths. Any reason it can't be used in
a kitchen? As usual B&Q don't provide any useful info.

No reason. I found my tiny bathroom sink had 3/4" holes. As it happens
the 3/4" bath taps and 1/2" bath taps in the same range have bugger all
external differences, so I uprated to 3/4" taps on the basin for a
better fit.

If it looks right from above and you have or can make a 3/4" type hole
in the sink, then no problems

Thanks, one less thing to worry about then :-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/05/10 17:47, stuart noble wrote:
Tim Watts wrote:
On 13/05/10 16:19, stuart noble wrote:
Thinking about one of these from B&Q for a 2 hole kitchen sink, but it
appears to have 3/4" threads (if the OD of the thread is what you
measure), which I thought was for baths. Any reason it can't be used in
a kitchen? As usual B&Q don't provide any useful info.

No reason. I found my tiny bathroom sink had 3/4" holes. As it happens
the 3/4" bath taps and 1/2" bath taps in the same range have bugger
all external differences, so I uprated to 3/4" taps on the basin for a
better fit.

If it looks right from above and you have or can make a 3/4" type hole
in the sink, then no problems

Thanks, one less thing to worry about then :-)

I shoued add then that getting brass 3/4" to 15mm adaptors is easy.
Getting them in chrome is impossible as I found, so I'll be resorting to
spray paint :-O