Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lee Lee is offline

Default OT Does anyone make a right angle shaver plug adapter ?

I think this may have been asked before, but I can't find any posts on
Google so...
Does anyone make a right angle shaver adpater for the UK? Can't find
anything so I'm wondering if it isn't allowed maybe?

I can't cut the plug off becuase it's a Braun with the SMPSU in the
plug, which is also why it's a problem becuase it sticks out of the wall
too far

Lee
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Lee" wrote in message
I think this may have been asked before, but I can't find any posts on
Google so...
Does anyone make a right angle shaver adpater for the UK? Can't find
anything so I'm wondering if it isn't allowed maybe?

I can't cut the plug off becuase it's a Braun with the SMPSU in the plug,
which is also why it's a problem becuase it sticks out of the wall too far

Lee

I would have thought if the plug sticks out too far then so will the
adaptor. I have a cupboard full of multi adaptors, and several have two pin
options on the side, but they would probably all be as deep as your shaver
plug.

You may well find the simple 'adaptor' of a plastic golf tee in the earth
slot (much easier to carry around than an adaptor plug), gets you around
your space problem by letting you plug straight into an ordinary socket.
There also used to be 2 pin adaptors to fit in light sockets.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Lee wrote:
I think this may have been asked before, but I can't find any posts on
Google so...
Does anyone make a right angle shaver adpater for the UK? Can't find
anything so I'm wondering if it isn't allowed maybe?

I can't cut the plug off becuase it's a Braun with the SMPSU in the
plug, which is also why it's a problem becuase it sticks out of the wall
too far

How about making up a short extension cable which would serve the same
purpose?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/POWER-SCHUKO-EUROPEAN-EXTENSION-FEMALE-2PIN-SOCKET-/270409268993?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_ConsumerElectronic s_PowerAdaptors_SM&hash=item3ef5a5ff01

David
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lee Lee is offline

Lobster wrote:
Lee wrote:
I think this may have been asked before, but I can't find any posts on
Google so...
Does anyone make a right angle shaver adpater for the UK? Can't find
anything so I'm wondering if it isn't allowed maybe?

I can't cut the plug off becuase it's a Braun with the SMPSU in the
plug, which is also why it's a problem becuase it sticks out of the
wall too far

How about making up a short extension cable which would serve the same
purpose?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/POWER-SCHUKO-EUROPEAN-EXTENSION-FEMALE-2PIN-SOCKET-/270409268993?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_ConsumerElectronic s_PowerAdaptors_SM&hash=item3ef5a5ff01

David

Excellent! I didn't realise that line sockets were available - thanks
for that

Lee