Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default making a shed quick !

On 30 Apr, 13:13, sm_jamieson wrote:
On 26 Apr, 10:00, sm_jamieson wrote:

Right, I am at the stage of removing my tools from the extension to
complete the floor screeding etc. I have nowhere to put them !
I have a car port at the end of the garden with a "flat" waterproof
corrugated metal roof supported on metal poles. It is pretty strong.
It has double timber doors on the end facing rear access.
I am going to make this into ashedquickly and cheaply, and initially
not prettily !
I have a spare smallish double glazed window and a single double
glazed door.
I basically need to box in three sides and strengthen the double
doors. It will never be used as a garage.
I am initially putting down no flooring, just the concrete slab. The
slab slopes away at the sides. I will support stuff on pallets to get
it off ground. May run a row of masonry to protect the sole plates,
but probably not !
Dunno if anyone wanted to know that. The real question anyway.

What is the best / cheapest boarding to use ? I am guessing OSB. I
will initially just paint it. Probably eventually clad it to look
nicer. I'd need about 10 1200x2400 boards. Anyone know where to get
these cheaply ? Scrap boards from hoardings etc ?

Thanks,
Simon.

Well, I've got 15 OSB3 boards at a good price coming on tuesday fromhttp://www.roofingsuperstore.co.uk
Now I just need to decide whether to run some masonry under the sole
plate.
Simon.

I reckon I would - unless you're going to get so serious with the
painting of the OSB ground-side edges to the point where you will rely
on it...

Cheers
JimK