Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Problem mounting a kitchen cabinet

I need to mount a high-level kitchen cabinet - it's ready made, and comes
with these fittings integrated into the cabinet:
http://www.indaux.com/upload/EN/pdfs...-6%20EN_LR.pdf
(first picture - left hand fixing).

I've been supplied with two 65mm mounting plates, which have 3 screw holes.
They are near on identical to eBay item: 280480083147.

My problem is that the left hand mounting plate needs to be mounted slap
bang over where one of my ring main cables currently lies. I really don't
want to mess around with the plastering, re-routing the cable, so have given
up the idea of mounting the plate in that position.

The cabinet is going to be hung with walls at the back and right hand side -
so I have scope for extra fixings on the right hand panel. But I really do
still need to use the left hand hanging fitting. So I am thinking of getting
one of the Indaux double wall mounting plates (on p.337 of that PDF), and
then securing it in many places - but just not where that ring cable lies.

Is that likely to be suitable? I can fit a 400mm plate behind the cabinet.
But I can't seem to buy these anywhere individually. Is there something
equivalent that one of the main retailers stock for sale individually? As
this is a high cupboard, we are also having a shelf and pelmet, so I have
more scope for an extra fitting at the top of the LH panel too.

Cheers

JW