Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wiki: Sandpaper

New article up:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?title=Sandpaper

Suggestions welcome

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message
, NT
writes
New article up:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?title=Sandpaper

Suggestions welcome

Excellent! Very concise and clear.

Maybe not relevant to Wiki but connected to the pierced sheets for dust
extraction....

My 1/2 sheet sander came supplied with a gizmo to create replacement
pierced sheets from *shag rolls*. The supplier has since gone out of
business but, in view of the financial saving, I wonder if these gadgets
are available and worth a mention?

regards

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Apr 8, 9:10*am, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message
, NT
writes

New article up:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?title=Sandpaper

Suggestions welcome

Excellent! Very concise and clear.

Maybe not relevant to Wiki but connected to the pierced sheets for dust
extraction....

My 1/2 sheet sander came supplied with a gizmo to create replacement
pierced sheets from *shag rolls*. The supplier has since gone out of
business but, in view of the financial saving, I wonder if these gadgets
are available and worth a mention?

regards

Thanks Tim, will add that somewhere.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , John
Rumm writes
Tim Lamb wrote:
In message
,
NT writes
New article up:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?title=Sandpaper

Suggestions welcome

Excellent! Very concise and clear.
Maybe not relevant to Wiki but connected to the pierced sheets for
dust extraction....
My 1/2 sheet sander came supplied with a gizmo to create replacement
pierced sheets from *shag rolls*. The supplier has since gone out of
business but, in view of the financial saving, I wonder if these
gadgets are available and worth a mention?

I have a gadget called a pencil - I poke it through the paper where the
holes are ;-) Seems to do the trick.

:-)

To think of all the trouble they took to manufacture a folding,
multi-piercing punch....

Of course, your pencil does not measure and provide a serrated edge to
tear off the correct length, or does it?

Actually it is a bit of a fiddle as, having torn off the correct length
and punched the first set of holes, you have to rotate the sheet and
punch a second set.

regards

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Apr 8, 11:20*pm, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , John
Rumm writes

Tim Lamb wrote:
In message
,
[...]

both added, cheers

NT

Sandpaper Bill Woodworking 1 February 7th 10 07:53 AM
Is very fine 220 grit sandpaper the right sandpaper to use to sand an alder wood table? Chris Tsao Home Repair 15 August 22nd 07 06:25 PM
Sandpaper JD Woodturning 13 June 6th 06 03:31 PM
sandpaper tip Sam Woodworking 4 December 18th 05 09:15 PM
Sandpaper tip Phisherman Woodworking 1 September 2nd 05 01:30 AM