Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default combined tile adhesive +grout

given that grout is so much the cheaper ingredient

and that getting tiles to stay stuck to the wall is Number One priority

WTF would buy a pot of tile adhesive-grout?

--
http://www.gillsmith999.plus.com/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Gill Smith
wibbled on Wednesday 07 April 2010 21:54

given that grout is so much the cheaper ingredient

and that getting tiles to stay stuck to the wall is Number One priority

WTF would buy a pot of tile adhesive-grout?

--
http://www.gillsmith999.plus.com/

People who want to stick 2 tiles back that fell off and want a tiny pot of
whatever costs the least...

--
Tim Watts

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Gill Smith wrote:
given that grout is so much the cheaper ingredient

and that getting tiles to stay stuck to the wall is Number One priority

WTF would buy a pot of tile adhesive-grout?

Can't most of the better adhesives be used as grout? Although I prefer to
use a dedicated one.

--
*I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Gill Smith wrote:
given that grout is so much the cheaper ingredient

and that getting tiles to stay stuck to the wall is Number One priority

WTF would buy a pot of tile adhesive-grout?

Can't most of the better adhesives be used as grout? Although I prefer to
use a dedicated one.

Adhesives aren't usually pure white
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Gill Smith wrote:
given that grout is so much the cheaper ingredient

and that getting tiles to stay stuck to the wall is Number One priority

WTF would buy a pot of tile adhesive-grout?

Can't most of the better adhesives be used as grout? Although I prefer to
use a dedicated one.

No. the better adhesives are vile coloured and plasticky.

I have used grout'n'go but a good adhesive it ain't. The advantage is
that you can do a job very quickly in one shot. No need to grout later.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Watts wrote:
Gill Smith
wibbled on Wednesday 07 April 2010 21:54

given that grout is so much the cheaper ingredient

and that getting tiles to stay stuck to the wall is Number One
priority

WTF would buy a pot of tile adhesive-grout?

--
http://www.gillsmith999.plus.com/

People who want to stick 2 tiles back that fell off and want a tiny
pot of whatever costs the least...

Just like me :-)

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Gill Smith wrote:
given that grout is so much the cheaper ingredient

and that getting tiles to stay stuck to the wall is Number One
priority

WTF would buy a pot of tile adhesive-grout?

Can't most of the better adhesives be used as grout? Although I
prefer to use a dedicated one.

No. the better adhesives are vile coloured and plasticky.

I have used grout'n'go but a good adhesive it ain't. The advantage is
that you can do a job very quickly in one shot. No need to grout
later.

Errrm. No you can't. The adhesive dries via the air gap around the tile,
if you grout straight away it doesn't dry properly. Plus the pressure
required to get the grout into the gaps properly can move the tiles.

Just saves buying two pots of stuff.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
stuart noble wrote:
Can't most of the better adhesives be used as grout? Although I prefer
to use a dedicated one.

Adhesives aren't usually pure white

Stuff I used was. Homebase best. For porcelain tiles. Good stuff.

--
*Gravity is a myth, the earth sucks *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Gill Smith" wrote in message
given that grout is so much the cheaper ingredient

and that getting tiles to stay stuck to the wall is Number One priority

WTF would buy a pot of tile adhesive-grout?

--
http://www.gillsmith999.plus.com/

I wouldn't ....
use separates. ... and don't use 'free adhesive & grout' offers ...they
don't give away good stuff.