Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Ideal Standard Trevi TT Valve (shower thermostat mixer)

HI All,

I have had installed a IS Trevi TT valve ie. shower mixer/thermostat -
the instructions for the face plate (Cone) refer to a water saving
stop point viz. "The flow control has an economy stop button. If the
knob is turned as far as the stop it only provides 50% of the its flow
rate. Should a higher flow rate be desired press the stop button and
then turn the knob further". This is confirmed in the other language
descriptions with the product. If this doesn't exist why is it in
there?

This means the flow knob only turns a quarter by default (in my case).
But the stop button on my Cone faceplate knob doesn't unlock at a
quarter turn - but I assume it should as the instructions say so - and
the flow rate out of the shower is appalling. There is no flow rate
problem at the adjoining sink. Its a fully pressurised system and the
show head has been chosen specially to avoid flow issues as it has a
minimum pressure of 0.1 bar (rain type shower).

Has anyone got this valve? Do you know how it should operate?

Regards, Tom

Old Shower Mixer Valve Larry Caldwell Home Repair 1 September 21st 08 05:14 PM
Exposed Trevi Boost shower valve Lance UK diy 2 March 9th 07 08:56 PM
Exposed valve bar mixer shower???? [email protected] UK diy 10 June 29th 06 02:42 PM
Shower mixer valve - replacement keownm About this forum 0 January 17th 06 08:50 AM
Shower pump / mixer valve [email protected] UK diy 0 August 24th 05 08:46 PM