Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Coving with wonky ceiling - follow ceiling or put up level?

Hi there. We *were* planning to put coving up in our lounge.

As per the instructions we have just drawn a level line on the top of
the walls all the way around the room... and discovered there is a 5cm
difference between the place where the ceiling is lowest and where the
ceiling is highest.

So if we put the coving up level, on some parts of the room there will
need to be 5cm filled above the coving. I'm worried this will look at
bit odd. But then if we put the coving up to follow the ceiling it
will be wonky too and that might look odd.

Should we put the coving up level, or following the ceiling, or not
put it up at all?

The house is old-ish (1900s) so nothing is very level (eg the window
recesses), though we've just had the floor redone so that is level now.