Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Titan Basemate Ladder leveler?

Does anyone have any experience of using one of these?

http://www.hobuk.co.uk/acatalog/Titan-Base-Mate.html

Are they any good or is there a better option?

Thanks.
Brailetrail

Posted to uk.d-i-y

BraileTrail wrote:
Does anyone have any experience of using one of these?

http://www.hobuk.co.uk/acatalog/Titan-Base-Mate.html

Are they any good or is there a better option?

Wasn't this discussed a short while ago?

Anywho, I reckon the Ladder Mat is the best & cheapest option
http://www.laddermat.co.uk/

Had one for years, wouldn't go up a ladder without it.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , The Medway Handyman
writes
BraileTrail wrote:
Does anyone have any experience of using one of these?

http://www.hobuk.co.uk/acatalog/Titan-Base-Mate.html

Are they any good or is there a better option?

Wasn't this discussed a short while ago?

It was mentioned in a thread about two or three section ladders but I
didn't get a feel for how good they were from that.

Anywho, I reckon the Ladder Mat is the best & cheapest option
http://www.laddermat.co.uk/

OK, thanks for that. It looks interesting, have you used it on sloping
grass?

Brailetrail

Posted to uk.d-i-y

BraileTrail wrote:
Does anyone have any experience of using one of these?

http://www.hobuk.co.uk/acatalog/Titan-Base-Mate.html

Are they any good or is there a better option?

Wasn't this discussed a short while ago?

It was mentioned in a thread about two or three section ladders but I
didn't get a feel for how good they were from that.

Anywho, I reckon the Ladder Mat is the best & cheapest option
http://www.laddermat.co.uk/

OK, thanks for that. It looks interesting, have you used it on sloping
grass?

Frequently. Also gravel, earth, slopes etc.

Handy cos it doesn't take up much room in the van.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 28 Mar 2010 14:31:54 +0100, The Medway Handyman wrote:

BraileTrail wrote:
Does anyone have any experience of using one of these?

http://www.hobuk.co.uk/acatalog/Titan-Base-Mate.html

Are they any good or is there a better option?

Wasn't this discussed a short while ago?

Anywho, I reckon the Ladder Mat is the best & cheapest option
http://www.laddermat.co.uk/

Had one for years, wouldn't go up a ladder without it.

That's good. A supplier (very nice to deal with) and other possibilities
are at:

http://www.ladders-999.co.uk/ladder_accsr_anka.htm
--
Peter.
2x4 - thick plank; 4x4 - two of 'em.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"PeterC" wrote in message

http://www.ladders-999.co.uk/ladder_accsr_anka.htm

I see they sell "stabilising spurs".. these look like they would cause a
ladder to slide more easily and make them dangerous, anyone actually used
them?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

9/10 Basemate an excellent product. Fitted mine on 7.1m ladder around 7years ago.
Bought to make levelling easy as live on hill farm with sloping ground almost everywhere. Used on 1 in 3 slope without any trouble.
Spiked feet ends grip well on ice also on normal ground, once dug in, they prevent risk of base slipping on slope. With the feet flat the large footprint makes working on freshly dug / wet & muddy ground easier, where regular ladder ends would sink right in.

One negative point, after 5 years starting to get some corrosion on bow leg at spots normally inside the 2 clamps. Tilt mechanism then sticks a bit, wd40 helps and clamps still grip. Perhaps a regular squirt of wd40 before leaving wet? Maybe always store with base at full offset, then any corrosion from damp inside clamps would be away from normal working position.

Headache - just drove machine over bow leg, and Basemate was discontinued in September 2014 so can't buy replacement.
Found a new clip-on version "Qualcraft 2475 Basemate" (old was bolt on) for sale om amazom.com but with shipping to uk + duty came to over £100. So will wait & hope for uk stock soon.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , BraileTrail
writes
Does anyone have any experience of using one of these?

http://www.hobuk.co.uk/acatalog/Titan-Base-Mate.html

Are they any good or is there a better option?

Thanks.
Brailetrail

Not that particular one, but I use something similar and it is
marvellous. There used to be times when I would take the risk and use a
ladder on a slight slope, no need for that now and I feel a lot happier.
Apart from levelling out the base of the ladder it also makes it wider
which gives a bit more stability too.
--
Bill