Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Good reciprocating saw?

Hi,

Any recommendations on a good but not too expensive (£100 ish) recip saw for
garden and structural joinery work?

Need to cut 4" depth max (rotten wall plate removal), and branches of a
similar size".

240V mains would be fine.

Cheers

Tim

[Background]

Thanks to the neighbour's help (and his chainsaw) 1/2 my hedge is now 3'
high instead of 10' and I have a 3x6x3m high mountain of crap. We do the
other half next week. Then I hire a big chipper for the day and turn the lot
into crumbs.

However, the bunches of material (mostly hawthorn, 2-3" trunks and smaller
branches and some heavy duty ivy) is still a bit bulky for the hire shop
chipper (which is "big" but not "monster") and will need breaking apart into
smaller sets of stems. Don't want to outdo the good will too much from next
door and I don't fancy using chainsaws myself (too expensive too, once I
have the paraphanelia like leggings, files, grease guns and all that stuff
on top).

Also have much smaller scale pruning to do, and some timber work in the
house, like cutting out 2x4" rotten wall plates and stuff like that, which
sounds suited to a recip saw.

--
Tim Watts

reciprocating saw Anthona Home Repair 36 March 15th 10 04:00 AM
Reciprocating saw performance Michael Koblic Metalworking 12 November 29th 09 07:02 AM
Reciprocating Saw are they good? Woodworking 11 December 4th 06 12:18 AM
Reciprocating Saw davex1001 Home Repair 18 June 14th 06 09:57 PM
PC Reciprocating Saw Jerry Woodworking 2 July 30th 03 10:31 PM