Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.telecom.mobile

Default Polishing mobile phone screen

What's the easiest was of restoring a mobile phone screen that has just gone
very dull with lots of very fine scratches?

It's a Samsung Steel and I don't think you can get the screen cover on its
own.

TIA

Tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.telecom.mobile

On 2010-03-26, Tim wrote:
What's the easiest was of restoring a mobile phone screen that has just gone
very dull with lots of very fine scratches?

It's a Samsung Steel and I don't think you can get the screen cover on its
own.

TIA

Tim

You might be able to get a replacement screen
http://uk.ask.com/web?q=samsung+steel+screen+repair&qsrc=0&o=312&l=d ir&dm=all
(then think about 'screen protectors' or a protective case!).
--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.telecom.mobile

On Mar 26, 2:10*pm, "Tim" wrote:
What's the easiest was of restoring a mobile phone screen that has just gone
very dull with lots of very fine scratches?

If it's plastic - I had a map measurer with an almost illegible
plastic dial (owing to sctrtches etc) and I polished it out with
Brasso and a soft cloth. I'd normally say "try it in an inconspicuous
area first, but there probably isn't one...

david
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.telecom.mobile

On Mar 26, 2:10 pm, "Tim" wrote:
What's the easiest was of restoring a mobile phone screen that has just gone
very dull with lots of very fine scratches?

It's a Samsung Steel and I don't think you can get the screen cover on its
own.

TIA

Tim

ebay for Polywatch

JimK
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.telecom.mobile

On 26/03/2010 17:00, JimK wrote:

ebay for Polywatch

Or displex

Steve

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.telecom.mobile

On 26 Mar, 14:10, "Tim" wrote:
What's the easiest was of restoring a mobile phone screen that has just gone
very dull with lots of very fine scratches?

Micromesh abrasives. Axminster do a sampler pack.

Toothpaste doesn't work any more (for most brands), unless you find a
really old-school smoker's toothpaste.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.telecom.mobile

Andy Dingley wrote:
On 26 Mar, 14:10, "Tim" wrote:
What's the easiest was of restoring a mobile phone screen that has
just gone very dull with lots of very fine scratches?

Micromesh abrasives. Axminster do a sampler pack.

Toothpaste doesn't work any more (for most brands), unless you find a
really old-school smoker's toothpaste.

What anout those bicarb based toothpastes - they use the bicarb as an
abrasive.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.telecom.mobile

"Andy Dingley" wrote in message
On 26 Mar, 14:10, "Tim" wrote:
What's the easiest was of restoring a mobile phone screen that has just
gone
very dull with lots of very fine scratches?

Micromesh abrasives. Axminster do a sampler pack.

Toothpaste doesn't work any more (for most brands), unless you find a
really old-school smoker's toothpaste.

Do you mean the likes of Euthymol and Eucryl?
I use both but am now struggling to find Euthymol locally.

Amway used to make some stuff specifically for the op's purpose but I don't
know if the product is still available.

Nick.
(Unashamed smoker)

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.telecom.mobile

On 26/03/10 19:23, Nick wrote:
"Andy wrote in message

Toothpaste doesn't work any more (for most brands), unless you find a
really old-school smoker's toothpaste.

Do you mean the likes of Euthymol and Eucryl?
I use both but am now struggling to find Euthymol locally.

I get mine from Wilkinson's.

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
20:54:33 up 50 days, 23:56, 3 users, load average: 0.00, 0.08, 0.14
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.telecom.mobile

I meant this stuff http://www.armandhammer.co.uk/

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman - (Another Unashamed smoker)
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.telecom.mobile

On 26 Mar, 14:10, "Tim" wrote:
What's the easiest was of restoring a mobile phone screen that has just gone
very dull with lots of very fine scratches?

Micromesh abrasives. Axminster do a sampler pack.

Toothpaste doesn't work any more (for most brands), unless you find a
really old-school smoker's toothpaste.

Proper toothpaste contains china clay as an abrasive doesn't it?

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.telecom.mobile

"JimK" wrote in message
On Mar 27, 1:17 am, "Graham." wrote:
"Andy Dingley" wrote in
On 26 Mar, 14:10, "Tim" wrote:
What's the easiest was of restoring a mobile phone screen that has
just gone
very dull with lots of very fine scratches?

Micromesh abrasives. Axminster do a sampler pack.

Toothpaste doesn't work any more (for most brands), unless you find a
really old-school smoker's toothpaste.

Proper toothpaste contains china clay as an abrasive doesn't it?

silica

sand? surely not (too abrasive)

--
Vista: the hd dvd player that thinks it's an operating system ©JC 2009
Windows 7: a faster dvd player

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.telecom.mobile

In message
"jasee" wrote:

"JimK" wrote in message
On Mar 27, 1:17 am, "Graham." wrote:
"Andy Dingley" wrote in
On 26 Mar, 14:10, "Tim" wrote:
What's the easiest was of restoring a mobile phone screen that has
just gone
very dull with lots of very fine scratches?

Micromesh abrasives. Axminster do a sampler pack.

Toothpaste doesn't work any more (for most brands), unless you find a
really old-school smoker's toothpaste.

Proper toothpaste contains china clay as an abrasive doesn't it?

silica

sand? surely not (too abrasive)

Depends on the particle size. Brasso, for example, is quite good
in general terms because its abrasive particles are small. (I
have no idea whether it's good enough for this job.)

All surfaces, even mirrors, are entirely composed of scratches,
just small ones.

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.telecom.mobile

On 26 Mar, 14:10, "Tim" wrote:
What's the easiest was of restoring a mobile phone screen that has just gone
very dull with lots of very fine scratches?

It's a Samsung Steel and I don't think you can get the screen cover on its
own.

TIA

Tim

Novus plastic polish, great fro cleaining pinball playfields some car
shops used to stock it for windows on softops and used by pilots of
light aircraft for canopies, 3 is coarse , 2 is a possble its very
fine, 1 is just a cleaner.

Cheers
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.telecom.mobile

On 26 Mar, 15:10, "Tim" wrote:
What's the easiest was of restoring a mobile phone screen that has just gone
very dull with lots of very fine scratches?

It's a Samsung Steel and I don't think you can get the screen cover on its
own.

TIA

Tim

Meguiars PlastX, works a treat on faded/cloudy headlights too.