Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Dotting and dabbing, and wallpaper

I *know* this is a stupid question, but ...

I'm going to dot and dab fresh plasterboard over an internal wall, to
deal with various gaps, holes, and the nib of another wall that used
to join it. Quite a lot of the wall has wallpaper on it. Am I being
daft if I dot and dab over it, without removing the paper first (with,
or without PVA)? I could do without another unnecessary job.

Cheers
Richard
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24 Mar, 12:59, geraldthehamster wrote:
I *know* this is a stupid question, but ...

I'm going to dot and dab fresh plasterboard over an internal wall, to
deal with various gaps, holes, and the nib of another wall that used
to join it. Quite a lot of the wall has wallpaper on it. Am I being
daft if I dot and dab over it, without removing the paper first (with,
or without PVA)? I could do without another unnecessary job.

Cheers
Richard

Yes, you're all right ;-)

Just spent the afternoon stripping wallpaper...

Cheers
Richard
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"geraldthehamster" wrote in message
On 24 Mar, 12:59, geraldthehamster wrote:
I *know* this is a stupid question, but ...

I'm going to dot and dab fresh plasterboard over an internal wall, to
deal with various gaps, holes, and the nib of another wall that used
to join it. Quite a lot of the wall has wallpaper on it. Am I being
daft if I dot and dab over it, without removing the paper first (with,
or without PVA)? I could do without another unnecessary job.

Cheers
Richard

Yes, you're all right ;-)

Just spent the afternoon stripping wallpaper...

You should have just stripped the wallpaper where the dot and dab is going.

Adam

Decorating With Wallpaper trav Home Ownership 0 November 6th 07 10:41 AM
Removing wallpaper border from painted (vinyl?) wallpaper Robert Campbell UK diy 12 May 23rd 06 10:20 AM
Wallpaper! Andy & Carol Home Repair 10 March 23rd 06 12:16 AM
Wallpaper alexbartman UK diy 2 May 10th 05 05:51 PM
wallpaper?!! dazednotconfused UK diy 0 March 31st 05 01:30 AM