Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Replacing the drive belt on a tumble dryer

ok getting the broken drive belt was easy but how do you get the new belt
in.
Do I assume that I have to release the drum from the seal at the front to
get the new belt over the drum.

Kevin

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Zen83237 wrote:
ok getting the broken drive belt was easy but how do you get the new belt
in.
Do I assume that I have to release the drum from the seal at the front to
get the new belt over the drum.

Kevin

Sometimes it is easier to lay the machine on its face, detach the back
bearing and slip the belt over that way. Just depends how the machine is
built. When you get about half the screws out you tend to see which way
not to do it!!
Put some precautionary oil on the bushes of the tensioning pulleys as
they tend to dry out and squeak in time.

Good luck

Bob
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 11:48:28 +0000, Bob Minchin
wrote:

Zen83237 wrote:
ok getting the broken drive belt was easy but how do you get the new belt
in.
Do I assume that I have to release the drum from the seal at the front to
get the new belt over the drum.

Kevin

Sometimes it is easier to lay the machine on its face, detach the back
bearing and slip the belt over that way. Just depends how the machine is
built. When you get about half the screws out you tend to see which way
not to do it!!

;-)

On mine you have to pre de-tension the motor (well you may not have to
but I prefer to), releasing the tension (a cable tie from underneath)
once the machine is back together. It's actually quite a tension as
well!

Put some precautionary oil on the bushes of the tensioning pulleys as
they tend to dry out and squeak in time.

Then knock it's plain bush out if you don't. I think I rate having a
lathe very close to owning a GPS, angle grinder and MIG welder as one
of those 'don't know how I could live without' sorta things. ;-)

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Zen83237 wrote:
[...]

All back together and working again.

Kevin

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 17:08:33 -0000, "Zen83237"
wrote:

All back together and working again.

So, which way did you go?

T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mar 20, 9:55*am, "Zen83237" wrote:
ok getting the broken drive belt was easy but how do you get the new belt
in.
Do I assume that I have to release the drum from the seal at the front to
get the new belt over the drum.

Kevin

Belt's a lot easier to get on if you give it a little snip first

NT