Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Loft insulation part 2...

Apologies for the new thread, just the other one had gotten quite long and
argumentative, and hopefully this will be a much simpler question anyway.

Well, I rolled up some of the fibre glass insulation - there is still plenty
between the joists - and have now partially layered the loft over with the
chipboard that was there before. Fibre glass is indeed nasty stuff with the
fibres getting everywhere. I don't know why they didn't use one of the many
alternatives available which are just as cheap - like rockwool, but anyway.

Is there any way I can safely deal with the small fibrous pieces that have
settled on top of the boards and around the entrance to the loft hatch which
I have boarded, to avoid me having to wear gloves to protect my hands every
time I go up there?

I was thinking of just vacumming it, but knowing my luck the fibres will be
small enough to escape through it.

Loft Insulation Dougie Nisbet UK diy 3 July 9th 08 02:40 PM
Loft insulation. Warm loft, colder bedrooms? [email protected] UK diy 2 October 27th 07 07:52 PM
Loft insulation Keith Dunbar UK diy 10 August 1st 07 07:40 PM
How can I improve the insulation in my loft? - Part 2 Rob Horton UK diy 1 July 13th 06 06:58 PM
Insulation on loft roof - insulation blankets...? Simon Hawthorne UK diy 10 April 18th 05 09:55 PM