Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Must be a conspiracy

Trying to replicate a discontinued power block.
It isn't enough that the output cord is only available from Australia
(seemingly).
Now I find that the RS transformer kits are also discontinued.
Don't people make things anymore?
How do I produce 11V & 32V ac, grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

brass monkey wrote:
Trying to replicate a discontinued power block.
It isn't enough that the output cord is only available from Australia
(seemingly).
Now I find that the RS transformer kits are also discontinued.
Don't people make things anymore?
How do I produce 11V & 32V ac, grrrrrrrrrrrrr.#

What's the cord?
And what currents?
Possibly by overwinding on a cheap stock toroidal transformer (eg from Rapid
or CPC) or paying someone (eg Louth transformers) to make you one.
Or even by sending me £15 + post for a 50VA transformer kit plus buying the
necessary wire for the secondaries elsewhere.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mar 5, 10:56*pm, "brass monkey" wrote:
Trying to replicate a discontinued power block.
It isn't enough that the output cord is only available from Australia
(seemingly).
Now I find that the RS transformer kits are also discontinued.
Don't people make things anymore?
How do I produce 11V & 32V ac, grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

You fail to say what you need it for. In many cases 12v ac will work
fine, or 12v ac via a pair of diodes.
32v ac: 15-0-15s arent exactly rare

Most ac apps are fairly tolerant voltage wise, filament lamps being
the main exception.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Martin Crossley" wrote in message
o.uk...
brass monkey wrote:
Trying to replicate a discontinued power block.
It isn't enough that the output cord is only available from Australia
(seemingly).
Now I find that the RS transformer kits are also discontinued.
Don't people make things anymore?
How do I produce 11V & 32V ac, grrrrrrrrrrrrr.#

What's the cord?

http://www.accesscomms.com.au/Produc...s/lg_K3728.htm
http://www.accesscomms.com.au/Refere...utplugsiec.htm

And what currents?

11 ~ 15VA, 32 ~ 4VA

Possibly by overwinding on a cheap stock toroidal transformer (eg from
Rapid or CPC) or paying someone (eg Louth transformers) to make you one.
Or even by sending me £15 + post for a 50VA transformer kit plus buying
the necessary wire for the secondaries elsewhere.

I'll bear it in mind, cheers.