Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT dead VW Golf GTi

I know this is way off topic but a few pointers might help....

Delivered to my yard last night after 6 weeks parked up in London while
the owner (my youngest) swanned off to Australia. Two failed attempts by
the AA to get it going followed by a tow home.

R reg. Gti, AA comment *probably a partly disconnected immobiliser*.

Apart from putting the battery on charge and poking Google for a circuit
diagram (buried in a zillion Haynes download offers), failed, I have
done nothing:-)

Where do I start?

I can check ignition and fuel for power but, assuming one or both are
disconnected what then?

Where do these gizmos get fitted, is the key fob transmitter relevant
etc.

regards
--
Tim Lamb

golf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Duane Woodworking 4 August 25th 09 03:02 PM
Woodworking is like Golf Robert Bonomi Woodworking 0 May 19th 06 09:42 PM
Woodworking is like Golf Mike in Arkansas Woodworking 0 May 15th 06 08:40 PM
Golf Cliff Metalworking 5 November 20th 05 12:23 AM
OT : GOLF WARRENRN1 Woodworking 2 August 8th 03 09:41 PM