Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Worcester Highflow 3.5 Fan

Hi,
My sister has the above boiler and it's been making a terrible racket.
I have tracked down the racket to the fan assembly and I *think* the
bearings are slightly worn on the fan motor which is causing it to
vibrate slightly when in use. This slight vibration resonates around
the boiler casing causing the noise to permeate the entire house.

Having done a quick search for the part they seem to be available but
at the rather exhorbitant cost of £119. I was wondering if anyone,
Geoff perhaps, does a reconditioned fan for this boiler or if indeed
the bearings/fan motor can be replaced independently to the entire fan
assembly.

Thanks in advance.
Luke
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message
,
Luke writes
Hi,
My sister has the above boiler and it's been making a terrible racket.
I have tracked down the racket to the fan assembly and I *think* the
bearings are slightly worn on the fan motor which is causing it to
vibrate slightly when in use. This slight vibration resonates around
the boiler casing causing the noise to permeate the entire house.

Having done a quick search for the part they seem to be available but
at the rather exhorbitant cost of £119. I was wondering if anyone,
Geoff perhaps, does a reconditioned fan for this boiler or if indeed
the bearings/fan motor can be replaced independently to the entire fan
assembly.

The bearings in this are IIRC sintered bearings encapsulated in the
bearing housing - not a really a DIY task

I'm not sure whether I have one on the shelf or not - best to phone up
during office hours - 01923 229224

www.cetltd.com

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

geoff wrote:
In message
,
[...]

Blimey, £8 delivery on a PCB????? I've just had a 20-litre box of cider from
Westons (which, compared to a PCB is VERY big and VERY heavy) delieverd by
APC Couriers for £6.99. Seems like excessive postage and packing isn't
limited to ebay pikeys

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Phil wrote:
geoff wrote:
In message
,
[...]

Come on be reasonable! your cider is already packed by the factory and
is pretty rugged anyway.
Packing a PCB in a box with bubble wrap jiffy bag etc plus postage
including the time to do it is going to cost best part of £8.

You could always buy a new pcb and see if that works out cheaper!

Bob
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Phil
writes
geoff wrote:
In message
,
[...]

Next day courier delivery up to 5kg

Was your cider next day guaranteed?

People whose boilers have gone down don't tend to want to wait a couple
of days

It also depends on the amount you are sending - I [presume that Westons
are sending out much more than I am on a daily basis

--
geoff

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Bob Minchin
writes
Phil wrote:
geoff wrote:
In message
,
[...]

I think that most people here know that, for all my other faults,
ripping people off is not one of them

--
geoff