Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default domestic wiring paranoia

new ring all wired up and waiting connection to CU, which I will do
once I have performed standard tests on it.

my question is how do people deal with paranoia issues? for example..
I am always worried that the action of pushing the fitting back into
the pattress has found a weakness in my stripping, twisting, screwing
in and loosened a cable or something. My standard practice is to leave
it over night then unscrew the fitting and tug on the wires with
needle nosed pliers to check they are still all secure - its total
paranoia I realize, I should just trust my handiwork.

Failing that I should trust the RCBO to detect faults (as it did when
I trod a junction box in the loft and ended up rewiring my whole
upstairs light ring, only with no junction boxes).

What do sparkies do? they clearly don't have time to double check all
their work - do they push it into place on the pattress then pull it
out again and visually inspect? or do they never make errors?

What do DIYers do? do they worry about every little detail in their
work?

JJ

UK wiring diagrams domestic [email protected] UK diy 28 September 4th 06 09:26 PM
Domestic Wiring Question Nodge UK diy 11 August 18th 06 12:04 PM
Correcting domestic wiring Jon UK diy 0 November 13th 05 06:08 PM
cable trays for domestic electric wiring the yorkshire dalesman UK diy 2 November 30th 03 03:12 PM
domestic non-power wiring services Charles Lamont UK diy 11 September 7th 03 01:21 AM