Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Flexible Snake Scope Camera

Flexible Snake Scope Camera
only £39.99 - on sale until 23/02/2010

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=257206

works with windows, not with ubuntu.
You need the included cd, (or a copy on yur hard drive to install it
as it wont install online.

my new toy - where shall i stick it?

* Handheld video endoscope
* The snake scope can capture high quality colour images and videos
* Ideal for household / industrial inspection or as a nifty spy and
surveillance toy.
* Perfect for use on the road with a notebook
* 2 x White LED Light’s with adjustable brightness
* Magnetic pickup attachment
* USB powered
* Quick easy operation

The Snake scope is an ergonomic handheld video endoscope system with
robust and semi flexible insertion tube. It can easily be operated by
plugging directly into your computer or Laptop. Enhanced with 2 white
LED lights (Adjustable brightness control) on the tip of the semi
flexible tube and a 300K digital camera, the Snake Scope can capture
high quality images and videos (AVI) with rich colour throughout a large
dynamic range. The full package includes user friendly image processing
software and a Magnetic pickup attachment. Additionally, this high end
scope requires no batteries, receiving its power directly from the
computer’s / notebook’s USB port. The Snake Scope has a waterproof head
and it’s innovative design, as well as its easy accessibility make it a
perfect candidate for household use, industrial inspection and also a
nifty spy and surveillance toy.

[g]
Posted to uk.d-i-y

george [dicegeorge] wrote:
Flexible Snake Scope Camera
only £39.99 - on sale until 23/02/2010

Or £10 less (standard price) from Firebox

I was give one of these for Xmas and it hasn't really lived up to
expectation. I wanted it for diy use, eg poking it into places where I
couldn't see to inspect damage /leaks etc - the trouble is it's very low
res, is fixed focus, and can't be 'zoomed' all of which limit it's use
somewhat.

Apart from mucking around with it on Xmas day (which was fun) the only
serious use I've tried to put it to was trying to track down a slight
leak within the boxed in pipework/cistern in the bathroom, and it failed
miserably TBH.

David
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25 Jan, 21:37, "george [dicegeorge]"
wrote:
Flexible Snake Scope Camera
only £39.99 - on sale until 23/02/2010

my new toy - where shall i stick it?

* * ** *Handheld video endoscope

You really want suggestions where to stick an endoscope?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Lobster
writes
george [dicegeorge] wrote:
Flexible Snake Scope Camera
only £39.99 - on sale until 23/02/2010

Or £10 less (standard price) from Firebox

I was give one of these for Xmas and it hasn't really lived up to
expectation. I wanted it for diy use, eg poking it into places where I
couldn't see to inspect damage /leaks etc - the trouble is it's very
low res, is fixed focus, and can't be 'zoomed' all of which limit it's
use somewhat.

Apart from mucking around with it on Xmas day (which was fun) the only
serious use I've tried to put it to was trying to track down a slight
leak within the boxed in pipework/cistern in the bathroom, and it
failed miserably TBH.

But ...

the question on everyone's mind

does it make a good fannycam ?

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Lobster" wrote in message
om...
george [dicegeorge] wrote:
Flexible Snake Scope Camera
only £39.99 - on sale until 23/02/2010

Or £10 less (standard price) from Firebox

I was give one of these for Xmas and it hasn't really lived up to
expectation. I wanted it for diy use, eg poking it into places where I
couldn't see to inspect damage /leaks etc - the trouble is it's very low
res, is fixed focus, and can't be 'zoomed' all of which limit it's use
somewhat.

Apart from mucking around with it on Xmas day (which was fun) the only
serious use I've tried to put it to was trying to track down a slight leak
within the boxed in pipework/cistern in the bathroom, and it failed
miserably TBH.

Thanks - saved me from an impulse buy :-)