Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Screwfix 10% Discount

They have resumed the 10% Off discounts ..Got the e-mail today .Ends
Tuesday 26th January .
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Usenet Nutter wrote:

They have resumed the 10% Off discounts ..Got the e-mail today .Ends
Tuesday 26th January .

Yes, that's the latest of several I've received recently.
--
Cheers,
Roger

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jan 22, 4:22*pm, "Roger Mills" wrote:
Usenet Nutter *wrote:

They have resumed the 10% Off discounts ..Got the e-mail today .Ends
Tuesday 26th January .

Yes, that's the latest of several I've received recently.

Do you need a code or is it taken off automatically at the checkout
stage?

Dave

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 13:35:18 -0800 (PST), Dave Starling wrote:

Do you need a code or is it taken off automatically at the checkout
stage?

And does it apply in store as well? I have some in store only
vouchers that need spending...

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Liquorice wrote:

On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 13:35:18 -0800 (PST), Dave Starling wrote:

Do you need a code or is it taken off automatically at the checkout
stage?

It contains what it calls a "Unique Offer Code" - consisting of 2 letters
and 7 digits - which I assume is specific to my account, and wouldn't work
for anyone else. You have to spend at least £50 to get the 10% discount.
When you enter the code, it doesn't reduce the balance shown on screen but
it *does* reduce the amount charged to your credit card. I used to be
sceptical about this - but have done it several times, and it *does* work.

And does it apply in store as well? I have some in store only
vouchers that need spending...

The offer is described as a "A Web Exclusive" - which pretty much rules out
using it in store, I would have thought.
--
Cheers,
Roger

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 22:39:03 -0000, Roger Mills wrote:

And does it apply in store as well? I have some in store only
vouchers that need spending...

The offer is described as a "A Web Exclusive" - which pretty much rules
out using it in store, I would have thought.

Bother, thanks anyway might be off to B&Q with that 15% voucher and
the 3 for 1 loft insulation... B-)

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

It contains what it calls a "Unique Offer Code" - consisting of 2 letters
and 7 digits - which I assume is specific to my account, and wouldn't work
for anyone else.

I have sucessfully used the 'unique' code sent to a friend, so I don't think
they are that unique.

Alan.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

AlanD wrote:

It contains what it calls a "Unique Offer Code" - consisting of 2
letters and 7 digits - which I assume is specific to my account, and
wouldn't work for anyone else.

I have sucessfully used the 'unique' code sent to a friend, so I
don't think they are that unique.

Alan.

That's interesting!
--
Cheers,
Roger

Posted to uk.d-i-y
dg dg is offline

On 22 Jan, 22:39, "Roger Mills" wrote:
Dave Liquorice *wrote:

snip

The offer is described as a "A Web Exclusive" - which pretty much rules out
using it in store, I would have thought.
--
Cheers,
Roger
______

If so, why is there an option to print on the voucher?

I've used previous ones in store no problem .... even used a couple of
reprints of the same voucher

dg
Posted to uk.d-i-y

dg wrote:

On 22 Jan, 22:39, "Roger Mills" wrote:
Dave Liquorice wrote:

snip

The offer is described as a "A Web Exclusive" - which pretty much
rules out using it in store, I would have thought.
--
Cheers,
Roger
______

If so, why is there an option to print on the voucher?

I've used previous ones in store no problem .... even used a couple of
reprints of the same voucher

dg

As far as I can see, there *isn't* a print option on mine, and the
instructions only deal with using it on-line.

Maybe yours is different?
--
Cheers,
Roger

Posted to uk.d-i-y
dg dg is offline

On 24 Jan, 22:04, "Roger Mills" wrote:

dg *wrote:
On 22 Jan, 22:39, "Roger Mills" wrote:
Dave Liquorice wrote:

snip

The offer is described as a "A Web Exclusive" - which pretty much
rules out using it in store, I would have thought.
--
Cheers,
Roger
______

If so, why is there an option to print on the voucher?

I've used previous ones in store no problem .... even used a couple of
reprints of the same voucher

dg

As far as I can see, there *isn't* a print option on mine, and the
instructions only deal with using it on-line.

Maybe yours is different?
--
Cheers,
Roger
______
PLEASE REPLY TO NEWSGROUP!- Hide quoted text -

LOL .... sorry my bad - I got this confused with the B&Q 15% off
voucher thread

rolls eyes smilie

The T&C's in the Screwfix email state web use only

dg
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Roger Mills wrote:

AlanD wrote:

It contains what it calls a "Unique Offer Code" - consisting of 2
letters and 7 digits - which I assume is specific to my account, and
wouldn't work for anyone else.

I have sucessfully used the 'unique' code sent to a friend, so I
don't think they are that unique.

Alan.

That's interesting!

I've just had a look at all the recent SF emails containing the 10% offer
(all sitting in my Deleted folder) - and have discovered that the "unique
codes" all consist of my Customer Number, preceded by 2 letters. The letters
are different each time, but the numbers are always the same.

So it's all the more curious as to how a voucher could be used by anyone
other than the customer to whom the email was sent.
--
Cheers,
Roger