Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Screwfix Discount

Got an e-mail this morning offering 10% discount on orders,online and
counter,of over £50. Valid to 10th Oct .A code needs to be entered
..Did everyone get one .
Stuart .
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
news
Got an e-mail this morning offering 10% discount on orders,online and
counter,of over £50. Valid to 10th Oct .A code needs to be entered
.Did everyone get one .
Stuart .

nope, i got the top 50 deals thing again,

but my mum got the 10% discount thing last week, valid till last saturday,
she sent it to me and i used it to buy a load of stuff for the kitchen i'm
fitting right now,

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"gazz" wrote in message

wrote in message
news
Got an e-mail this morning offering 10% discount on orders,online and
counter,of over £50. Valid to 10th Oct .A code needs to be entered
.Did everyone get one .
Stuart .

nope, i got the top 50 deals thing again,

but my mum got the 10% discount thing last week, valid till last saturday,
she sent it to me and i used it to buy a load of stuff for the kitchen i'm
fitting right now,

Yeah, I got that and the £5 off when you spend over £25, about an hour after
spending £117. I did get £7 quidco cashback though!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Slider wrote:
"gazz" wrote in message
wrote in message
news
Got an e-mail this morning offering 10% discount on orders,online and
counter,of over £50. Valid to 10th Oct .A code needs to be entered
.Did everyone get one .
Stuart .

nope, i got the top 50 deals thing again,

but my mum got the 10% discount thing last week, valid till last saturday,
she sent it to me and i used it to buy a load of stuff for the kitchen i'm
fitting right now,

Yeah, I got that and the £5 off when you spend over £25, about an hour after
spending £117. I did get £7 quidco cashback though!

Ever though of using tool station, i used them for the first time a few
months ago, there a lot cheaper than screwfix (in my experience), and
the quality appears to be the same, not sure if the range quite as big
though

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Exhausted wrote:
Slider wrote:
"gazz" wrote in message
wrote in message
news Got an e-mail this morning offering 10% discount on orders,online and
counter,of over £50. Valid to 10th Oct .A code needs to be entered
.Did everyone get one .
Stuart .
nope, i got the top 50 deals thing again,

but my mum got the 10% discount thing last week, valid till last
saturday, she sent it to me and i used it to buy a load of stuff for
the kitchen i'm fitting right now,

Yeah, I got that and the £5 off when you spend over £25, about an hour
after spending £117. I did get £7 quidco cashback though!

Ever though of using tool station, i used them for the first time a few
months ago, there a lot cheaper than screwfix (in my experience), and
the quality appears to be the same, not sure if the range quite as big
though

And that's the crux of the matter IMHO: often I've put together an order
on Toolstation only to find that something I need isn't on their list.
So it's over to Screwfix for that item, whereupon I then end up with two
separate orders, probably now both below the minimum "no postage"
charge, and the hassle of waiting around for two deliveries rather than
one. Consequently, it's usually Screwfix who get my business.

David

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:
Lobster wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote:
wrote:
Got an e-mail this morning offering 10% discount on orders,online
and counter,of over £50. Valid to 10th Oct .A code needs to be
entered .Did everyone get one .
No. I'm going to sulk...

If you're a quidco member (and as a regular S'fix member, why wouldn't
you be?!) then if you login to S'fix via quidco you'll find the
necessary code to enter to get your 10%.

Never heard of Quidco. I'll investigate. Ta.

Oh you're missing a trick there. Gives you 7% off all anything you buy
from Screwfix just by logging on via their site (
www.quidco.co.uk).
They do deduct £5 annual membership off your earnings, but that's
trivial in comparison to the savings.

There are loads of these cashback sites around; I'm a member of about
four I think, which covers most online shops which are subscribe to
these schemes, and I would say most of the online shopping I do goes via
one of them. Take out an insurance policy or a mobile phone contract
this way and you can often find you get a £50 kickback on top of any
other discounts or deals.

More info he
http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/cashback-websites

This is a database which tells you which is the optimum cashback site to
use for each retailer:
http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/cashback-sites-comparison/providers/#content

David
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Lobster coughed up some electrons that declared:

[...]

Thanks for the tip - I need to get some stuff from screwfix ))

Tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Exhausted" wrote in message
Slider wrote:

Ever though of using tool station, i used them for the first time a few
months ago, there a lot cheaper than screwfix (in my experience), and the
quality appears to be the same, not sure if the range quite as big though

if toolstation had a trade counter/shop in nottingham, i'd use them, but
AFAIK they dont, so i go to the screwfix one, as when i want bits for a job
i want them right now, not the next day when i'll be doing something
different.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

gazz wrote:
"Exhausted" wrote in message
Slider wrote:

Ever though of using tool station, i used them for the first time a
few months ago, there a lot cheaper than screwfix (in my
experience), and the quality appears to be the same, not sure if the
range quite as big though

if toolstation had a trade counter/shop in nottingham, i'd use them,
but AFAIK they dont, so i go to the screwfix one, as when i want bits
for a job i want them right now, not the next day when i'll be doing
something different.

Same here. Biggest problem is someone being home to accept the parcel, very
tricky in my circumstances as Mrs Handyman works as well. Then you have to
run around picking it up from the carrier. Big pain if SF don't have the
item & you have to go back next day.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

gazz wrote:

"Exhausted" wrote in message
Slider wrote:

Ever though of using tool station, i used them for the first time a
few months ago, there a lot cheaper than screwfix (in my experience),
and the quality appears to be the same, not sure if the range quite as
big though

if toolstation had a trade counter/shop in nottingham, i'd use them, but
AFAIK they dont, so i go to the screwfix one, as when i want bits for a
job i want them right now, not the next day when i'll be doing something
different.

Well they say "coming soon" for Nottingham.

--
Rod

onset.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 06 Oct 2008 21:04:03 +0100, Tim S wrote:

[...]

Without enquiring further it says Topcashback has no annual fee .
Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

It's like the "online" version of those discount cards that you get(
or used to get) and you took them in to shops displaying their sign
and you got a percentage off the purchase price .

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
[...]

Yep, fair comment: there are plenty of sites who don't - I think
quidco's the only one of mine who does, actually - however quidco does
seem to cover more retailers than the others, ie if you rule out quidco
of your 'armoury' then it's likely you'll end up not getting cashback
from some sites. The other thing is that quidco automtically pay up by
BACS monthly IIRC, whereas other sites might wait till you reach a
pretty high threshold before letting you claim your cash. So it's not a
good idea belonging to 25 different schemes and spreading your cashbacks
over all of them - so I use quidco as my first choice.

I clearly need to get out more, don't I...

David
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Lobster" wrote in message
news
wrote:
[...]

There was an article recently where someone got their car insurance for £14.
The premium was £114 but they went through quidco and got £100 cash back!