Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Bosch ixxo

Hi.
Theres a shop near me seling a Bosch Ixxo for £12. It sounds like a deal
not to miss!
I'm not sure what version it is but its definitely a L.Ion battery.
But what do you get from 3.6V engine?
eg. How many 2" screws would it screw into a hardwood?

Thanks.

Arthur

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 22:40:57 +0000, Arthur 51 wrote:

Theres a shop near me seling a Bosch Ixxo for £12. It sounds like a
deal not to miss!
I'm not sure what version it is but its definitely a L.Ion battery. But
what do you get from 3.6V engine? eg. How many 2" screws would it
screw into a hardwood?

0

BTDTGTTS :-(

--
John Stumbles

Women always generalise
Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Stumbles wrote:
On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 22:40:57 +0000, Arthur 51 wrote:

Theres a shop near me seling a Bosch Ixxo for £12. It sounds like a
deal not to miss!
I'm not sure what version it is but its definitely a L.Ion battery. But
what do you get from 3.6V engine? eg. How many 2" screws would it
screw into a hardwood?

0

BTDTGTTS :-(

Hi,
It is nothing but a slow toy, better getting a cheap drill with some
screw driver bits...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I got the original model Ixo as a freebee with a pro model drill. It's
not completely useless, but it is very low powered.

Good for driving small screws into softwood, or running nuts and bolts
inside equipment. Shape is very good for awkward access. Mine held
its charge well for a couple of years.

But I really wouldn't expect it to drive a screw into hardwood, apart
from the very smallest.

In todays market, 12 quid is about the right price for what it is.