Junior Member

Default Help with boiler and pump problem !!!

got woke up this morning by wife saying no heating and found my worcester bosch greenstar 18 with a flashing light on the front. I reset the fault but as the boiler starts back up again you can hear lots of water gurgling sound from inside the boiler that never heard before.
checks ive done so far
There is water in system and header tank
Removed pump and it seems ok, connected up externally and it spins when powered up.
Bled air from inside boiler and all rads.
My only guess is the pump even though its spinning as the system just sounds like the water flowing inside the boiler is inconsistant ,
any tips greatly appreciated as its cold here .
im on a traditional Y plan system , non presurised system.
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbroms View Post
got woke up this morning by wife saying no heating and found my worcester bosch greenstar 18 with a flashing light on the front. I reset the fault but as the boiler starts back up again you can hear lots of water gurgling sound from inside the boiler that never heard before.
checks ive done so far
There is water in system and header tank
Removed pump and it seems ok, connected up externally and it spins when powered up.
Bled air from inside boiler and all rads.
My only guess is the pump even though its spinning as the system just sounds like the water flowing inside the boiler is inconsistant ,
any tips greatly appreciated as its cold here .
im on a traditional Y plan system , non presurised system.
now sorted , it was the condensate pipe leading outside had frozen solid, bloody weather .
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jan 9, 9:40*am, dbroms wrote:
got woke up this morning by wife saying no heating and found my
worcester bosch greenstar 18 with a flashing light on the front. I
reset the fault but as the boiler starts back up again you can hear
lots of water gurgling sound from inside the boiler that never heard
before.

Your condensate drain pipe is blocked (frozen). The gurgling is a
result of the condensate having backed up inside the burner.

Go outside and pour hot water on any section of the condensate pipe
that could be holding water - horizontal bits or indeed any uphill
sections which some installers seem to think is acceptable to include!

With the pipe defrosted, reset the boiler - its syphon should empty
allowing the boiler to operate again.

Mathew

Boiler/pump problem Dave UK diy 5 April 30th 07 10:25 PM
boiler pump Gordon UK diy 1 September 13th 05 08:10 PM
Am I diagnosing this well pump problem right? If so, buying new pump in am. BobN Home Repair 6 April 26th 05 04:09 PM
Septic system problem-pump out or drain field problem? Arthur Davis Home Repair 2 January 12th 05 02:17 AM
Help with well pump problem ... the pump or the pressure switch? Me2 Home Ownership 1 June 28th 04 03:26 AM