Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default (f/s) halstead finest gold boiler parts

i've stripped down my old boiler, which was one of those orrible halstead
finest gold combi's, main pcb was shot, but all other bits were ok.

i'll put htem on ebay sometime, but was wondering what the parts would be
worth if anything, and if anyone has one of these boilers that needs a part
for it... as i may well have it.

i have an almost brand new fan, was fitted 2 months before the main pcb
went,
then there's things like the heat exchangers, air flow switch, gas valve
block, pump and so on.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"gazz" wrote in message
i've stripped down my old boiler, which was one of those orrible halstead
finest gold combi's, main pcb was shot, but all other bits were ok.

i'll put htem on ebay sometime, but was wondering what the parts would be
worth if anything, and if anyone has one of these boilers that needs a
part for it... as i may well have it.

i have an almost brand new fan, was fitted 2 months before the main pcb
went,
then there's things like the heat exchangers, air flow switch, gas valve
block, pump and so on.

Not wishing to rain on your parade, but my experience with the previous
Vaillant and now a Wickes / Halstead Gold is that when you fix one bit,
another one goes soon after. So I personally wouldn't bid very high on most
of the parts on eBay, maybe a third of the "new" price (but I suppose that
adds up to a fair amount). Perhaps a service guy might be interested in the
whole thing? At least you can replace the diaphragms etc. in the valves and
make them good as new. And you can swap the solenoids on the gas valve
without taking the whole thing out. I'd tend to assume the DHW heat
exchanger might be partially blocked, but you can clean them.

Do someone a good turn and post the board to Geoff!

Currently trying to track down an intermittent electrical fault on mine:
sometimes it just won't recognise it ought to be firing up until you jiggle
the wiring loom and/or connectors!

Post again if you do put them on eBay, and I'll certainly take a look! (Are
you anywhere near Gloucester?)

Steve

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"newshound" wrote in message
[...]

Nottingham i'm afraid.

i have already thrown the pcb out unfortunately.

i only know the fan was about £150 or so, i've got the old one too, all that
was wrong with it was it the fan it's self was contacting the mounts and
making a jangeling sound, which was being amplified up the flue and annoying
the neigbours,

i have no idea what a pump, gas solenoid block, heat exchangers etc go for
or what to ask for them,
should i keep the expansion tank as i was going to chuck that, basicaly only
thing left in the boilder casing is the burner assembly,
boiler passed it's gas safety check last year with no problems, so i assume
that's ok, just didnt think it's be worth owt, as by the time that's gone
the rest of a boiler will be fubar.

when i do bung em on ebay i'll put them on a 99p start auction and let em
run, but of course it'll be the postage that bumps things up, especialy if
royal mail is used.

oh yeah, when my boiler began playing up, i also had that refusing to spark
thing, and wiggeling the wires cured it for a few days, i found out the HT
leads were arcing very slightly where they passed through the casing, i
slipped some silicone tube over them (model engine fuel tube) and that
sorted that problem out, but then it went dead and refused to even attempt
to fire up about a month later,

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , gazz
writes
i've stripped down my old boiler, which was one of those orrible
halstead finest gold combi's, main pcb was shot, but all other bits
were ok.

i'll put htem on ebay sometime, but was wondering what the parts would
be worth if anything,

I normally pay a quid or two for the pcb

Who is going to pay you anything for a knackered pcb

just a minute, there's always one ...

and if anyone has one of these boilers that needs a part for it... as i
may well have it.

i have an almost brand new fan, was fitted 2 months before the main pcb
went,

Yes, but its a fan of unknown history to a potential purchaser

then there's things like the heat exchangers,

Prolly the most saleable part

air flow switch,

£25 new ?

gas valve block,

Buying a used secondhand gas valve of unknown history is dangerous
-potentially lethal (what if its letting gas pass through?)

pump and so on.

The diverter valve is prolly the most saleable item,. The pump is
generic (£40 new?)

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , gazz
writes
"newshound" wrote in message
[...]

Still a complete strip down job

[...]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"geoff" wrote in message
In message , gazz
writes
[...]

Cheers, that's what i wanted to know,

like i said, the boiler passed it's gas safety inspection last year with no
problems at all, and it was working fine untill it began to mis fire the
electrodes, which i traced to tracking on the ht leads, then the pcb went
and that was it,
Gas valve didnt leak whilst it was in use, when it fired up it did so
normaly, no big whooshing or booming i'd expect if there was gas building up
in the combustion chamber between firings, but i'd hope anyone capable of
changine the valve would be able to do a leak test before they re-comision
the boiler,

of course all items are second hand, the fan is unknown to anyone else, but
so are all second hand parts i thought, i was just saying it's only had 2
months of use on it, so is slightly better than a 2nd hand fan that's been
in the boiler for 5 years... which the other fan i have prolly is at least,

and i'd already chucked the pcb out, was another poster who suggested giving
it to someone who may be able to resurect it and sell it to someone else as
a re-conditioned part, which i would have done so if i had known anyone
would do that,

i'm not trying to get loads of money for the parts, was more thinking of
helping someone with the same boiler who needs some parts for it to keep it
going untill they replace it with a new boiler ot something.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to gazz, Ade wrote:
Hi,
Does you have a burner assembly please.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...ts-603470-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25/10/2017 13:14, Ade wrote:
replying to gazz, Ade wrote:
Hi,
Does you have a burner assembly please.

Yeah, he kept it the last 8 years just for you...

Why is it homeownershub that so many users can't read a date field?

--
Cheers,

John.

Halstead combi boiler gazz UK diy 3 August 3rd 08 01:48 PM
Halstead boiler problems hicky UK diy 5 May 16th 08 11:37 AM
halstead combi boiler deano UK diy 1 August 23rd 06 07:55 PM
Halstead Gold boiler problem JMP Home Repair 1 March 14th 05 05:01 PM
Halstead boiler problem Josad UK diy 2 November 25th 03 10:23 AM