Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Halstead boiler problems

Ok can someone help narrow down the problem for me pls???

After filling the bath the Auto air vent began to leak/spit water.
Once allowing the system to cool down and drying it(no water
internally and about a 5cm circle on the worktop) the system locked
out.
I reset the overheat reset button and then the system began normal
function without locking out but still bleeds water from the auto
vent.
I dont have a multimeter until tomorrow so I cant check the PCB or
other functions via the flowchart and diagnostics.

Is the autoairvent knackered??

Pressure relief valve works a-okay.

Many thanks in advance
Carl
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"hicky" wrote in message
Ok can someone help narrow down the problem for me pls???

After filling the bath the Auto air vent began to leak/spit water.
Once allowing the system to cool down and drying it(no water
internally and about a 5cm circle on the worktop) the system locked
out.
I reset the overheat reset button and then the system began normal
function without locking out but still bleeds water from the auto
vent.
I dont have a multimeter until tomorrow so I cant check the PCB or
other functions via the flowchart and diagnostics.

Is the autoairvent knackered??

Pressure relief valve works a-okay.

Did the relief valve open? If so check the pressure vessel. Sometimes high
pressure can blow an auto air vent. Any leaks to allow air in? The
discharge may be hydrogen because of internal corrosion.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Did the relief valve open? *If so check the pressure vessel. *Sometimes high
pressure can blow an auto air vent. *Any leaks to allow air in? *The
discharge may be hydrogen because of internal corrosion.

Not that I know(no residue outside) the only water escaping was from
the aav, I've had a problem with the CH side loosing pressure over
6months but the CH isnt turned on it was the HW that caused this.
I checked the Relief valve working by turnint it 1/4 and checking the
water for corrosion and crud but ti was clear.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"hicky" wrote in message

Did the relief valve open? If so check the pressure vessel. Sometimes high
pressure can blow an auto air vent. Any leaks to allow air in? The
discharge may be hydrogen because of internal corrosion.

Not that I know(no residue outside) the only water escaping was from
the aav, I've had a problem with the CH side loosing pressure over
6months but the CH isnt turned on it was the HW that caused this.
I checked the Relief valve working by turnint it 1/4 and checking the
water for corrosion and crud but ti was clear.

CH or DHW makes no difference to system pressure. What is the pressure
gauge cold and hot? The pressure vessel may need re-charging by pumping it
up.

The AAV is only for filling purpose and should be closed once filled and all
air out of system.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

CH or DHW makes no difference to system pressure. *What is the pressure
gauge cold and hot? *The pressure vessel may need re-charging by pumping it
up.

The AAV is only for filling purpose and should be closed once filled and all
air out of system.

The pressure is about half a bar 0.5, we've had to fill the system and
rebleed about every three months or so.
How would I go about recharging the vessel?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"hicky" wrote in message

CH or DHW makes no difference to system pressure. What is the pressure
gauge cold and hot? The pressure vessel may need re-charging by pumping it
up.

The AAV is only for filling purpose and should be closed once filled and
all
air out of system.

The pressure is about half a bar 0.5, we've had to fill the system and
rebleed about every three months or so.
How would I go about recharging the vessel?

You have a leak if you are re-filling every three months. To re-charge take
the pressure to zero in the system. Use a foot pump with pressure gauge and
pump up the vessel. Schrader valve is on the vessel. Charge what the
makesr say, or if you don't know, 0.5 bar, not more than 1 bar. If water
comes out of the shrader valve then the diaphragm is split and the vessel
requires replacing.

When refilling system charge to 1 bar cold. The vessel at 1 bar and system
at one bar are equal.

Look at EDs Sealed system FAQ.
http://www.makewrite.demon.co.uk/SealedCH.html

Boiler Problems (Halstead Combi) Ben UK diy 6 October 29th 06 09:48 PM
halstead combi boiler deano UK diy 1 August 23rd 06 07:55 PM
Halstead Gold boiler problem JMP Home Repair 1 March 14th 05 05:01 PM
Boiler: Wickes 65F (Halstead Balmoral ) [email protected] UK diy 3 September 20th 04 12:56 AM
Halstead boiler problem Josad UK diy 2 November 25th 03 10:23 AM