Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Window Leak: Can't Find the Cause

I’ve got a leak in some upstairs windows & just can’t work out where
it’s coming in. Drops appear at the top of the window frame in 2 or 3
different places (see he http://bit.ly/7nu4E0) but normally only 1
place at a time. It happens in strong wind & rain.

I guess the leak is either coming in from the outside through the
window frame or is somehow coming through via the inside - above the
room is the loft, but I can’t see any obvious signs of water getting
in on the inside up there.

There’s a ledge on the outside of the window frame, about 3 inches
wide which runs the length of the outside window frame (see the
photos). It’s just above where the water gets – is the most likely
suspect?

The frames need painting, which I’ll do in the spring, but I’d love to
track it down as it’s rapidly getting worse.

Any experience of what’s the most likely suspect or suggestions for
tracking it down would be much appreciated.

Michael

Leak Around Window - I can't find the source. Request advice or comments, please. Eric Kent Home Repair 5 March 13th 07 01:58 PM
Window air leak PaPaPeng Home Repair 4 February 24th 07 12:03 AM
Find location of a water leak?? [email protected] Home Repair 16 April 12th 06 03:56 PM
water leak in front yard from main - How to find [email protected] Home Repair 4 November 15th 05 11:44 PM
Window Leak Troubleshoot [email protected] Home Repair 2 October 22nd 05 02:27 AM