Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default refiting laminate flooring - from wrong edge.

Hi.
I am having to re-lay some lam flooring at the end from
where I originally fited it. Taking it up was easy enough of course, but is
there a technique
for fitting the stuff from the wrong direction?

Thanks.

Arthur

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Arthur 51" wrote in message
Hi.
I am having to re-lay some lam flooring at the end from
where I originally fited it. Taking it up was easy enough of course, but
is there a technique
for fitting the stuff from the wrong direction?

Thanks.

Well...I might have found a method...using another piece of laminate to use
as a hammer block.
But fugg knows how I'm gonna get the last pieces in.

Arthur

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Arthur 51 wrote:
"Arthur 51" wrote in message
Hi.
I am having to re-lay some lam flooring at the end from
where I originally fited it. Taking it up was easy enough of course, but
is there a technique
for fitting the stuff from the wrong direction?

Thanks.

Well...I might have found a method...using another piece of laminate to use
as a hammer block.
But fugg knows how I'm gonna get the last pieces in.

Arthur

I used a clamp puller to get the last piece of mine in, the type used
for laminate flooring as most reach across the room
--
Mart
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Arthur 51
wibbled on Sunday 22 November 2009 13:27

"Arthur 51" wrote in message
Hi.
I am having to re-lay some lam flooring at the end from
where I originally fited it. Taking it up was easy enough of course, but
is there a technique
for fitting the stuff from the wrong direction?

Thanks.

Well...I might have found a method...using another piece of laminate to
use as a hammer block.
But fugg knows how I'm gonna get the last pieces in.

Arthur

You might get away with a pull bar (tap with hammer):

http://www.homebase.co.uk/webapp/wcs...=1630448&c_2=2
cat_14046987|Flooring+accessories|14258223&c_1=1|c ategory_root
Flooring+and+Tiling|14046987

But the clamp method others have mentioned would probably be more
controllable and you could exert clamping pressure on two or three points.

--
Tim Watts

This space intentionally left blank...