Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wood bar abive windows

I've always wondered what the wood bar above the window is for ? its too
narrow to mount the brack for the curtain pole by about an inch.

I recently mounted a 2 piece curtain pole, I put one bracket at just
before the start and end of pole and I cut a gap to snugly fit the thrid
bracket in the middle of the window wood bar, not sure if this was right
but looks tidy to me.

Just baffled me what it is about ?

Thanks

hmmm I wonder if I was suppose to mount the brackets above or below it lol.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Peter smith wrote:
I've always wondered what the wood bar above the window is for ? its
too narrow to mount the brack for the curtain pole by about an inch.

I recently mounted a 2 piece curtain pole, I put one bracket at just
before the start and end of pole and I cut a gap to snugly fit the
thrid bracket in the middle of the window wood bar, not sure if this
was right but looks tidy to me.

Just baffled me what it is about ?

Thanks

hmmm I wonder if I was suppose to mount the brackets above or below
it lol.

Peter,

It's for...fixing curtain rails - or even the old fashioned curtain wire
hooks and eyes oh, and also pelmets.

Cash

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Cash wrote:
Peter smith wrote:
I've always wondered what the wood bar above the window is for ? its
too narrow to mount the brack for the curtain pole by about an inch.

I recently mounted a 2 piece curtain pole, I put one bracket at just
before the start and end of pole and I cut a gap to snugly fit the
thrid bracket in the middle of the window wood bar, not sure if this
was right but looks tidy to me.

Just baffled me what it is about ?

Thanks

hmmm I wonder if I was suppose to mount the brackets above or below
it lol.

Peter,

It's for...fixing curtain rails - or even the old fashioned curtain wire
hooks and eyes oh, and also pelmets.

Cash

Fine as long as it is not fixed to dry lining with a minimal quantity od
Sticks Like Sh*t. In a Redrow new build I had to re-fix most of mine.
Mostly 2x1 so won't take curtain poles
Malcolm
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Malcolm wrote:
Cash wrote:
Peter smith wrote:
[...]

Instead of refixing them, why didn't you change them to a size to suit your
requirements?

Cash

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Cash wrote:
Malcolm wrote:
Cash wrote:
Peter smith wrote:
[...]

Removed the one where I wanted a pole, refixed the others

Malcolm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Malcolm wrote:
Cash wrote:
Malcolm wrote:
Cash wrote:
Peter smith wrote:
[...]

Fair enough!

windows - wood staining - when? Martino Home Repair 2 January 14th 07 08:01 PM
wood rot around windows gorf Home Repair 5 August 21st 06 02:03 AM
Wood choice for windows C Miller Woodworking 2 June 30th 06 04:24 PM
Replacing Wood Windows g Home Repair 4 January 11th 05 04:17 AM
Leaking wood windows ... Please help ... Dipan Patel Home Repair 1 August 29th 04 06:50 PM