Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Worcester Boiler 25Si - Eco sets itself to "on".

I have a combination boiler that works well and has been serviced annually
for the 3 years of it's life. Now the ECO button is on almost all the time.
This means that when you want hot water the system runs, triggers the burner
and you then need to wait for about half a minute for hot water.
The button should work, to allow the boiler to heat a small reservoir of hot
water to avoid the delay.
When I press the button it works ok for a few minutes up to a few hours. It
even worked for nearly a day, - but then it reverts of its own accord to
"ECO" setting.

I am baffled. If I call in the company that fitted it and regularly service
it, I am worried that their solution will be to change the whole control
module and charge hundreds of quid for the pleasure.

Please does anyone have any ideas that might help to explain what is
happening?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Alan" wrote in message
[...]

As daft as it sounds have you tried a boiler reset?

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Well I tried the "reset" it and it looked promising.
Eco light stayed off for 2 days - back on today though.

It looks like a software problem to me.

"ARWadsworth" wrote in message
.. .

"Alan" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Alan" wrote in message
Well I tried the "reset" it and it looked promising.
Eco light stayed off for 2 days - back on today though.

It looks like a software problem to me.

Ring W-Bosch tech dept. They may tell you over the phone.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message

"Alan" wrote in message
Well I tried the "reset" it and it looked promising.
Eco light stayed off for 2 days - back on today though.

It looks like a software problem to me.

Ring W-Bosch tech dept. They may tell you over the phone.

Good call - they were helpful and friendly and even called me in response to
my email. They did however not have the solution to the problem. They did
put me on the track to a work-around though. The remote radio thermostat
sender and the local control panel seem to work in conflict. With a bit of
fiddling - not documented in the manual it now seems to be working as I want
it.