Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Night Storage - E10 Tariff

I am trying to make sense of an installation at my daughter's house.

The meter is Heatwise.
Looking at the wires it appears that the meter also switches the circuits on
at the appropriate time.

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/lh/ema...553425 649249

Not sure about:

1. The Boost Button. (is this a manual additional boost to the circuit at
normal rate)

2. The separate fuse.

Any experience of this arrangement. House has 3 storage heaters and an
immersion heater (separate timer fitted)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/10/09 18:21, John wrote:

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/lh/ema...553425 649249

"Oops... there's nothing to see here. Either you do not have access to
these photos or they don't exist"
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 29/10/09 18:21, John wrote:

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/lh/ema...553425 649249

"Oops... there's nothing to see here. Either you do not have access to
these photos or they don't exist"

Sorry - try again - or:

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/lh/pho...eat=directlink

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Owain" wrote in message
On 29 Oct, 18:21, "John" wrote:
I am trying to make sense of an installation at my daughter's house.
The meter is Heatwise.
Looking at the wires it appears that the meter also switches the circuits
on
at the appropriate time.
Not sure about:
1. The Boost Button. (is this a manual additional boost to the circuit at
normal rate)

Probably.

2. The separate fuse.

The low-current feed from the meter to the contactor coil.

Owain

Not sure if the fuse has an outgoing cable. Do you think the heater circuit
is directly wired to the meter?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John" wrote in message
I am trying to make sense of an installation at my daughter's house.

The meter is Heatwise.
Looking at the wires it appears that the meter also switches the circuits
on at the appropriate time.

This would be the normal installation for a fairly new circuit.

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/lh/ema...553425 649249

Not sure about:

1. The Boost Button. (is this a manual additional boost to the circuit at
normal rate)

Almost certainly

2. The separate fuse.

do you mean then thing with red screw seals that has an input and no output?

Any experience of this arrangement. House has 3 storage heaters and an
immersion heater (separate timer fitted)

Yep (apart from this extra fuse) This is a normal installation method for
SRs

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29 Oct, 19:11, "John" wrote:
2. The separate fuse.

The low-current feed from the meter to the contactor coil.

Not sure if the fuse has an outgoing cable. Do you think the heater circuit
is directly wired to the meter?

I assumed the outgoing cable was out of shot. I think the meter
contacts would be fairly limited capacity.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Owain" wrote in message
On 29 Oct, 19:11, "John" wrote:
2. The separate fuse.
The low-current feed from the meter to the contactor coil.

Not sure if the fuse has an outgoing cable. Do you think the heater
circuit
is directly wired to the meter?

I assumed the outgoing cable was out of shot. I think the meter
contacts would be fairly limited capacity.

Owain

I need to find the relay then - but why 2 pairs in the Henley Box

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"tim...." wrote in message

"John" wrote in message
[...]

Does the "Boost" Button on the meter turn one of the sessions off? (eg 5)?
Or is it a fixed time "on" period?

The meter shows "Status BCD"

Does the boost influence this display? What does it mean?